Saturday, December 24, 2005

Tab, it's a.....

Gingerbread house, just for clarification, the pics where the inside light is on were taken last night, the ones where it is off were taken this morning, just for you :D

The front:



Details, details.....

This is a close up of the front roof area so you can see the little Christmas lights and icicles: (Sorry it's kinda blurry, but notice that the inside light is on, too, lighting the interior)



Close up of the outside lights, they really do turn on and off:



Right side view:



Left side view:



Blurry left side view:



There ya have it, my handiwork, all edible things that are not edible because of the shellack that keeps it from falling apart for the next 100 years.... Usually I use chocolate wafers for the roof but couldn't find them on the island (and believe me, I looked) and chocolate carmels for the dark pieces of the chimney, also not on the island so I had to use Riesen carmels, which I discovered are not good for this purpose as they crush under the weight and then start to melt. Oh well, I use what I got.

Later babies, love love to you all.......

3 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

OMH! I had no idea! How adorable is that? Thanks for the additional pics, as well as the explanation. I just love it. Do you keep it? Enter it in a contest?

Love it!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

There is no contest that I am aware of and I usually make one every year for some lucky recipient as a Christmas gift. Though this years' had it's flaws, the folks at work were quite impressed and now it is a display piece at Pizza Hut (for the time being) where it is garnering accolades, much to my delight :D Yes, I'm still a DAW, lol

It will be here until Mike comes home at the end of January before it goes to it's new intended home--at a friend's house who works at a bank and will no doubt be displayed at the bank for at least a day.

I started on it in spare minutes before Mike headed home for the holidays and told him it would be here complete when he returned. I am a woman of my word, even if Steve thinks of me as a "unique soul" (though I'm not really sure what that means).

Happy to share it with you and it is actually large for a gingerbread house as each panel is about a foot wide. But it is something I enjoy doing. Want one? Oh, no, wait a minute, that would require an address. But I'd do one for ya.

More tomorrow night....or maybe in the morning.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

Wow. That's so cool. Colour me impressed.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home