Sunday, December 11, 2005

whata weekending

Thursday:

Liwa on my lap:



A decent pic of my purty little tree, all decorated by Mike:



Friday

Was not the best day I ever had at work even though I was busy, since I busted a taillight lens backing into the tire of a large delivery truck that had me boxed in when I tried to leave for a delivery. As if that didn't tweak me, calling auto parts stores to discover a new one would set me back 110 bucks sent me nearer the edge. So I called the wrecking yard and they had one for 50 bucks but would close at 4:30, before I was scheduled to get off at 5. Well crap. The shift manager sent me out on a double delivery at 4:45 which pissed me off since I thought I was pretty clear about wanting off BY 5 to go to the Christmas party (the blind vendors one) and now I have to get something red to put on the taillight so I can even go and no time, shit fire and save matches.

I got back at 5:10 and said I am outa here, Jamie cashed me out and I came up 11 bucks short which sent me OVER the edge and I proclaimed "that's it, I quit" and gave him the cash, punched out and left in search of red tape at whatever parts store I could find open before dark. I made it to a Checkers, but they don't sell the tape, however, they did have a build your own repair kit that ends up looking like the real thing when you are done, IF you are able to follow instructions. I didn't have the time OR hot water to do it to look like the real thing but I did have scissors and scotch tape and did an alright job, at least to be legal until morning.

I was a couple hours late to the party and on the way, I had time to take this of the lights on the trees, with traffic included, too, since I sat in traffic:



but everyone, including my boss from my old (govmint) job, was thrilled I came. Asked when I was coming back to work and I said when they would have me since I'd just quit my job. He said he would put it to a vote at the next committee meeting and let me know.


This is his wife Stephanie, the first friend I ever made on the island (and I was so happy to see her, it's been awhile):



This is Jennifer, one of the blind people in the program, who plays a harp beautifully:




Many of the condo and apartment buildings put up big displays, like this one, that was outside the party room and blows snow:




A closer pic:



Walking out after leaving the party (which was a total blast BTW), I caught this of the trees all lit:



Even the aprtment buildings change their lights in the stairwell for the holidays:



This is one of the "City Lights" displays:



Saturday:

Got up and called Jamie to see if he wanted me to work or if he had taken my quitting seriously and he said of course I should come in. I knew he was doing some interviewing and hiring and thought he might have replaced me. Yeah, right, as Mike pointed out, with the hours I put in it would take 2 people to replace me. But I wasn't replaced and Jamie was glad I came because he understood how frustrated I was on Friday night so he figured I was blowing off steam. I was. I like the money too much to ever quit entirely, even if I do go back to work for the state.

I actually got off on time last night so when I got off I went and picked Eric up from work and when we got home, we had our Christmas, since Mike will be leaving next Saturday for the school holiday and going home to the mainland for 5 weeks. It was AWESOME!!!! The boys know me well I tell ya and I was so surprised at all the stuff they got me. They filled my huge stocking with new hair stuff (a brush, the big clips I use, hair ties) fish food, lol, a bunch of the clear fridge magnets that I use to put pics and postcards from peeps in, some andes candies and I forget right now what else, but what a treat!

Mike got me a beautiful puzzle of a Lasson painting, he is a local artist that does very colorful seascapes, and it is all glittery and shines, I started working on it last night even! Eric had never seen me do one and Mike informed him that I use to always have one in progress before I started over in Mapunapuna and kinda missed seeing me doing one of those things I enjoyed. He also gave me the DVD Madagascar since he heard me saying I wanted to see it. He totally rocks!!!

Eric remembered me saying I was a pac man freak back in the day and got me the new kind that just plugs into the TV and has other games on it too :D They have played that more than me, but I am into the puzzle right now anyway. He also got me a bag of Starbucks :D and some more Andes candies. He is so good at storing information for the future, lol. Totally cool guy!!

I must say I really lucked out with these housemates and I hate to see them ever go, though I know they will since Mike intends to go elsewhere after graduation, Alaska I think he said. But I do hope he stays after his return from the mainland, he isn't sure at the moment.

These are pics of them opening theirs:




Eric:



Mike:




Sunday:

Today I went to Wally World to get cat food and a poster board to put my puzzle on, then to Borders to use my gift card. I got Avalon by Roxy Music, one of my favorite albums of all time and found Pink Floyds' Dark side of The Moon on sale for 9 bucks too! Color me happy :D Then I stopped at Pizza Hut (my old store) to clean out my box and discovered I had money in there, BONUS!!! on my way to radio shack to return the DVD player I bought there a couple months ago because it wouldn't load my new DVD.

Came home and worked on the puzzle some more , then hooked up the DVD player before it was time for Grey's Anatomy to come on. Then we jumped on EBay to look for one of the old nintendo systems out of curiousity since I love Mario 3 and then I came here to tell you all about what's been happenin' around here for me.

Now it is late and I am sleepy so will catch you all later but in the meantime, love love to you all......

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Wow!!! All this in three days??? I'm exhausted just reading it, LOL!

It's nice that you were finally able to get to that party and do your gift exchange with the boys!

I am stunned to discover someone else who listens to (much less even knows about) Roxy Music!!! They are awesome.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I swear we could have been separated at birth we are so much alike :D I LOVE Roxy Music and have been through numerous copies of Avalon, wearing them out from listening to them, although this was the first CD I've ever gotten.

Even though I kinda dreaded driving in rush hour traffic to Waikiki on a Friday night, I am so glad I did! I would hate to miss their annual party. I felt honored to be included since I have done so little for the program this year and none of it on an official level. And the gift exchange with the boys was so incredible, though not everything I got them had arrived yet, some of it won't be here until mid January and I ordered in November!

Yeah, all in three days! and I am tired too, but gotta get ready for work. Have a great day sweety!

*smooch*

10:49 AM  
Blogger Seana said...

All sorts of hip kids listened to Roxy Music when I was in HS. I think it was a retro thing. (I did NOT call you guys old)

I swear I commented in the post before this. I must be losing my mind.

Hi, Chrissy! I haven't been around lately. I've made a couple updates, but didn't read the blogs. I'm nearly finished now. *whew*

Oh, I love Mario 3! Actually, I love all those games. They're just fun. I do enjoy the RPG games I have for the Playstation, but sometimes, I just want to play something silly that doesn't involve the graphic destruction of monsters.

Nice to see you!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

Hey! My sister gave me back our old SuperNintendo tonight! I'm so going to play SuperMario and Final Fantasy II and III.

What's more, I'm not drunk.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

It's so nice to see you here Seana!! Sorry I've not been in lately and I have a ton of updating to do soon.

I am so jealous that you get to play Mario, play a game for me will ya?

*smooches*

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home