Sometimes
Sometimes I am saddened by the fact that I have such an aweful memory problem, that I forget things that have always been important to me, like birthdays and anniversaries.
Sometimes that same fact is a blessing because I get such joy from the smallest of things like feeling total peace and that all is right with the world just at the thought of my granchildren or other family members and friends or my housemates.
My blog is evidence of this since I am not accomplishing anything great or contributing anyhting grandoise to the world but but every moment of contentment is a victory for me, especially if I can recall it.
I can recall all the way back to Saturday (and that's about as far as I can go) so will bring you up to speed from there.
Saturday
It was an okay day at work, weather was pleasant most of the time, a tad overcast so not so hot and my day was going along just fine with a steady stream of deliveries, when my phone rang. I see it is S and am delighted to hear from her. She asks if I am enjoying my Sunday off and I tell her I would be if it weren't Saturday. We share a good laugh over it, I pull off the road to chat for a few and then it is back to work.
Caught this from a customers porch:

On the way back to the store I caught this shot of Tripler (Army Medical Center), the big pink building on the hill:

I managed to get off work on time so I drove out to Lagoon Drive, by the airport, and catch the sunset. The pics don't do it justice but here it was:




Sunday
Was a kinda lazy day, did laundry, as usual, and went to the Goodwill store in Kaimuki just to get out for awhile. They were having a 50% off sale and I ended up spending 12.00 on a shitload of books. I zipped home to start my ham for dinner and let the boys use the car to head to a movie I didn't really wanna see. They ended up going to the beach instead as it rained all day up at our place and they caught a bit of sun.
I sat down with my laptop and started the task of putting all of my books on disc, something I have been meaning to do for a long time, and I managed to get through all of the paperbacks anyway, 11 pages of them. I'll get to the hardcovers eventually.
Monday
I woke up with shooting pain in my right hand as well as it being swollen, no clue as to why. When I got to work, it was going to be a busy day from all appearances and so I grabbed some Painaid from the first aid box at work. Coming back from my next delivery I realized I was really fucked up and couldn't feel my face, although my hand still hurt.
I was so relaxed it was actually not a great idea for me to be on the road and I said as much to my boss. When Jody called while I was out on a delivery, as thrilled as I was to hear her voice, I couldn't pull over to chat so we made a chat date for today (Thursday). When it slowed down around 3pm, he sent me home, where I napped until it was time to go to the Kalihi store for the evening. It being Halloween, I didn't bother dressing, went in my nightshirt that has the french maid outfit built into it. After the hoots and hollars over my choice of attire, the manager sent me home, having already heard how fucked up I was from my day manager. Okay by me.
Eric called to see what I was up to and did I want to go to Waikiki with him? Sure, why not, I wanna go see my brother anyway. So Eric got home, spiked his hair, put some paint on his face (it looked cool, really) and off we went. I was so glad I went, gotta catch up with Rich and make amends for my being MIA in his life for as long as I was and had a blast hanging out with him.
Tuesday
It was the slowest day for me on the road, I had 1, count it, 1 delivery between 10:30 and 1:30 so I punched out, went to my car, started reading my book, fell asleep, had a nice nap, woke up and continued reading until 3:30 when there was another delivery. I did take time to enjoy this flower too:

I did 5 more in the next hour before quitting time. They were getting swamped but I leave on Tuesdays without guilt because, well, it's Gilmore Girls night.
I had to stop on the way home and make a payment and sign the new contract on my TV (getting 10 weeks off--long story and not that fascinating) and of course it wasn't ready to I went over to Savers to browse around while they did the paperwork, idjuts. I found a couple more new books and when I went to check out, the young (insert noun here) asked if I would use the senior discount. EXCUSE ME???? I asked what age was a senior and she said 55 and proceeded to give me the discount.
Now, mind you, I am not opposed to discounts and believe they are a good thing, but SENIOR? First of all I was mildly offended that she thought I looked 55 until I realized that she was probably still young enough to be in the pimple phase and at that age anyone over 30 is old. Then as I thought about it as I was leaving I realized that even though I am still in my 40's, TYVM, I am not that far from 50 and holy shit the senior thing is not that far off. I didn't dwell on it because that would just be too depressing but FUCK, it's out there, just waiting for me, along with mass mailings from AARP.
Wednesday
Was a long day, as they all are working both stores, and not really eventful at all, just steady and tiring. Generally I like the busy days but this week, for some reason, I am sleepy all the time and seeing deliveries waiting when I would rather be napping has been a drain. And yet when I finally got off last night I ran to Kmart and picked up a few things, came home, put the little shelf together and cleaned the bathroom except the tub, which I saved for today. Go figure.
That's it for now kids. Until next time--love love to you all......


6 Comments:
Hey, old woman. :D
Don't stress about some sales chick. OK, wait...story...
Waiting tables at the Hut. Table of 3, two women in their 20's and a 12-year-old boy, quite overweight. They all order beer. I card the 12-year-old. He's a 22-year-old WOMAN. Oops. She was good about it, says she gets carded all the time. I don't tell her about the whole gender-confusion thing. I was sooo embarrassed.
Glad you took the time to smell the big red flower (if not the roses :D)
Thanks for the update, Chris.
I love the red flower. So pretty! Was it growing on a tree or a bush?
Seana--You are too funny :D
What the sales clerk said disturbed me but only for a while. I am not that bothered by it today.
MM-You are so welcome hon! And good question. It is a bush now but they grow pretty damn tall like a tree. It's another Hibiscus, different color.
*smooches*
LOL at Seana and the 12 year old boy! *grin*
Chrissy, did you ever find out why your hand hurt and your face was numb? Did you get bit by something maybe? Hope it's OK!
...and you are sooooo not old!
*smooches*
*smooches*
*points up to nutz's question*
Yeah, did you ever find out?
Nutz and Arkie--I have no clue as to what the deal was with my hand, maybe I smacked the wall in my sleep or something. My face was numb from the Painaid I took that had me so VERY relaxed and as soon as it wore off my face was okay.
*smooches*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home