Things I have learned the hard, painful way
1. Never go where you are not personally invited.
2. Never, under any circumstances, have a bad day around people who are perfect and have never fucked up.
3. Perfect people will hold your bad day against you for life and rub it in your face.
4. Perfect people will be nice to you to your face and stab you in the heart when you are being playful or thoughtful with them.
5. Perfect people have many friends and can turn you into an enemy of mutual friends.
6. Never give your heart to perfect people so they can stab you in it later.
7. Never give up hope that one day they will forgive you for fucking up, but don't hold your breath.
8. Look before you leap unless you are okay with crashing and burning.
9. Don't let shit get to you, it'll drive you insane and waste your precious time.
10. Fahgedaboudit. Shit happens.
*************************************************************************************
Good rules to live by:
1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (but don't count on them to do so)
2. Expect the best, prepare for the worst, life's a play and we're unrehearsed.
3. Do NOT carry excess baggage. (Emotionally as well as physically true.)
4. Love people in spite of their efforts to disuade you.
5. Hope for what you are wanting to appear but focus on what you already have.
6. Don't look back, look forward, for wherever you are looking is where you will find yourself.
7. You are the only person you can truly count on in life, so don't beat yourself up over shit you have no control over.
8. If it sounds profound, chances are good someone, somewhere, at some time has already thought, said or done the same thing.
9. People are more alike than they think, we're not so different as we believe.
10.Life is short, make it the best it can be for you.
*************************************************************************************
Well that was yesterday and I was having an emotionally bad day and instead of going to the beach as I had planned (because Eric took off job hunting and I didn't want to go alone), I did what any normal chick would do--- I went shopping. I needed a few things and while I was out there browsing around from store to store anyway I got myself a liitle "something special".
Then I came home, fixed dinner, took a breather and baked some pumpkin pies, from scratch. They turned out sooooo good, mmmmmm. Even the peeps at work loved the one I took with me today.
Today started out with too little sleep and some really good coffee. But since it was Friday, I was expecting a great day anyway. Yeah, right..... I arrive and find 2 large orders waiting for me so off I go to Budget (the rental car people) with 200$ worth of pizzas for the 2 locations which are right across the street from each other, for which I am thankful. My hip is killing me, a little outa whack and bone grinding on bone so I am in pain. The lady signs the credit card slips and doesn't put a fickin penny tip in there. So now I am pissy and near tears on my way back to the store and thinking that their 4pm order is going to be late...very late.
Next up is a huge order for Avis, their sister company BTW and on 270$, they tack on a 5$ tip. Yes, at least it was something but jesus jumpin up and down christ with a green hat on, I busted my ass. I also must return at 3 with another ton and think theirs will be late as well and I will NEVER rent a car from either company again. Hmmmfff.
It was 3 before I knew it and though I was 15 minutes late delivering, it was only because I chose to deliver one to the Honolulu Airport Hotel on the way. No sense in theirs getting cold while delivering to a tightass company who doesn't see fit to treat me very well. I arrive at Avis and am not in the best mood as I put the pizzas on the counter, mumbling that I ain't sayin nothin. They look at me all puzzled and say nothing about what? I state that I have been delivering these big orders all day, 600$ worth and pause.... and they say it is good for the business and I said yeah, but not so good for me.
By the time I got back to the store they had called twice to complain about me. I got a lecture from the Area manager, who hates me anyway, and I am thinking I wish I could call their boss and bitch about their lack of gratitude and gratuity but if I did I would likely get fired. So I am thinking the best revenge is to put it in my blog, on the net and let people know how they treat delivery people and ask them to think twice about their rental car choice in the future. First they stiff me and then they bitch because I am a tad cranky about that fact? Hullo???
The rest of the afternoon went pretty quick after I delivered the last batch to Budget and this time they did add a 10$ tip and though that was a little disappointing, I was at least pleased that they complimented me on my service. I wanted to tell her to report that to my boss but held my tongue, figuring he would think I had put them up to it to make up for their sister company complaints.
Came home and made lasagna and am so tired. And I got these pics today:
Taken at Kaiser Hospital:

On the way home:


Love love to you all....
PS- Obviously I didn't hit the right button and saved this instead of posting it, D'oh!


8 Comments:
Oh, so sorry for your crappy day! Those people are morons. {{{hugs}}}
For the record, I usually use Alamo for rental cars. *wink*
Good for you Nutz, I use Hertz, because they at least have a name that tells the truth (it hurts to pay the bucks they all get), lol.
And thanks for the sympathy and {{{hugs}}}, I needed them after yesterday (another less than glamorous day that I will blog about later today).
*smooch*
PS... Hope it was okay to link you.
Sorry about the crappy day, Chrissy.
Collectively, we're all having some crappy days lately. We're due for some niceness.
*smooch*
Thank you Seana *smooch*
I am sorry we are collectively having some crappy days lately, I didn't realize it even, as everyone else is so upbeat in their posts as far as I could tell.
I had a good day yesterday though, more on that later, gotta get ready for work.
Of course it was OK to link me! This way you can get to me quicker! *wink*
you are a dumb stupid idiot
I dont know what to say about the first part of your post. Such a downer in what had become an otherwise fun blog to read. I hope you get over that soon. Everything is not always as bad as it seems.
and anonymous, grow some balls...if your gonna spit at someone in their own blog, at least have the courage to let them know who you are.
Steve, thanks for your words to anonymous, that was only the half of it and I was thinking the same thing plus how redundant their statement is. Maybe they work for Budget or Avis.
Anyway, I had one really bad day is all and mostly my blog isn't that much of a downer I hope. I can't be certain tho, since sometimes I think I am having a meltdown.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home