Sometimes
Things just go as planned. And sometimes they don't, yesterday being one of them that didn't. Sorry I never made it to my puter to update with all my pics and such but not because I was a slacker. I was, in fact quite busy, again, and I really thought I would be able to get in here. I'm getting ahead of myself here, let me back up and essssplain.
I was merely spose to take my blind guy, Virgil, to the state ID office so he could get a new one since his expired. A simple task, or should have been anyway. But he couldn't find the expired one. Or his social security card to go with his birth certificate to prove his identity. After locating his birth certificate, we went up on the patio to have a ciggy.
This is Virgil:

He has a lovely view, with a slice of the ocean between buildings:

And on the other side some very large trees (we were above the fourth floor) with some cool little white terns (hard to see but in the middle of the pic in the foilage just above the main trunk):

After searching for either the ss card or his old ID for another hour, we gave up and went to the Federal building to the SSA to get him a new SS card. Where he stood in line for 2 hours and I floated in and out. When he finally got to the window they said he would need his ID to get a card. Fucking catch 22. Needless to say I didn't get home until almost 5 and so I started right in on the outside of this last Christmas project that I have been working on the past couple weeks in my spare moments.
Here are the inside shots:
Front wall:

Right inside wall (across from the fireplace-just wait, you'll see it):

Back wall:

Bird's eye view (from above):

The tree sits next to the back wall:

The left inside wall, taken from the window on the right side wall:

I worked on the outside for over 4 hours last night and then I was just too tired to come and do my large update. Now I must go finish the outside before I go to work. I will be in this evening to at least post the pics of the completed "thing". Why yes, yes I do rock :D
Until then, love love to you all.....


3 Comments:
Sorry things didn't go as planned. Hope it works out better next time.
I had no idea you did doll houses! How fun! My MIL has been working on one for years, though I have no idea if she ever finished it. The little things you can buy are so neat.
*smooches*
Love the rug in that house! *wink*
...and yes, you do rock!
*smooches*
MM-I still got it done but not completely until last night.
I don't do doll houses, look for my next post within the hour ;) And yes the stuff you can buy for them is incredible, right down to the tiniest things like door knobs and hinges.
Nutzy-that "rug" was part of this huge skirt I bought a few years ago that had many different uses, but never as a skirt, lol. Firt it was a sarong, then it became the kitchen curtains, then it served as the backdrop picture for my fish tank and now it is the curtains and rug (well, a small piece of it) in my little Christmas project.
You rock to, pal :D
*smooches to you both!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home