Sunday, July 03, 2005

Little voices and green lights

You know that little voice in your head that tells you stuff? No Chris, that's just you. Well that little voice told me this morning that I was likely gonna get dirty today when I put on the blouse I have little tiny black speck stains on from the last Saturday I spent cleaning at work. The little voice said I should put another blouse in the car. Did I listen? Of course not. But it wasn't even that I ended up cleaning (I didn't, there was no time) but when I got to work I was attempting to fill my commuter mug with coffee from my thermos and splattered it all over the blouse. Oh well.

I gave Trav a ride down to where I worked and I commented on the fact that every light was green and maybe it would be a green light kinda day. And it was for quite a while. Even lights that I would normally have to wait forever for changed very quickly if I happened to come upon a red one. We were busy and it was deliver, deliver, deliver. The first couple hours I did well and figured if I kept the pace for 9 hours I would end up with a LOT of money. That fucking little voice that came up with that jinxed me for the rest of the day and night.

Normally I like a nice drive to Sand Island even though I know the Coast Guard never tip. My first trip out to them I had one at Keehi Harbor and got stiffed there, however I did get these lovely pics:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Then I went out to the CG and as normal I had to wait 15 minutes for them to come to the gate and got stiffed. Like I didn't see that coming. Got back to the store and I will be a son of a bitch if my next 3 trips weren't right back out there AGAIN!! Shit fire and save matches because now I am grumpy. It is after 6 pm and the last 4 hours are gone, wasted, for nought. And I haven't had a break or anything to eat and I debate bursting into tears but I am too pissed to cry.

By the time I get back to the store it is after 7 and so the most I see of the sunset is right here in these two pics, once again taken from the back door, but tonight I opened the door so it wouldn't have any funky reflections, for your viewing pleasure, because I am considerate, among other things:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


I get another delivery that takes me across the freeway and this is the last of what might have been a gorgeous sunset, I dunno, because I wasn't high enough up to really see it tonight:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Come back and think I'd rather wash dishes that to torture myself with stiffs anymore tonight, TYVM, but I have to go back to Banyan (where my gang killing nutcase from the other day is) and the manager says no this is a different building. Riiiiight. I get there and it is for the same people, they just gave the address across the street. Needless to say, when I returned and told him this and I said I would rather slide down huge razor blades than to EVER go to any Banyan address again and what part of this aren't you getting boss? Now check me out I'm PAU (done).

Trav got there as I came back from the last delivery so we took off to the tobacco store and stopped to browse in the Salvation Army store because Jody went out tonight and we weren't ready to come home yet. But they kicked us out because they wanted to close so we did come home and hang in the kitchen for awhile, then came to the PC to look for the surf report for tomorrow. Now Trav is lying down and I am here. But I, too, am fading fast.

And some stray cat just walked into my house (just now!) like he owns the place. I might actually like him (he is kinda purty) if he didn't continually try to kick the asses of all the cats here, the old man Gizzy included. That has made him the enemy for me from the get-go. I mean, come on, Gizzy is old, has no teeth and can't see all that well, why pick on him? I definitely am having some "pest" problems of late and am thinking I need some humane traps to transport them away in.

Think I'll go read awhile until I fall off to sleep since we go beach tomorrow again. We were planning Makaha but I dunno since the surf report said north facing shores will only have 1 foot swells, we'll see, and I'll give a full report.

Love love to you all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home