There is no doubt
I am a dork. First evidenced by the appearance of the link to a video at the beggining of this post (yes that big brown title is a link). The fact that I even got that to link is probably amazing enough but not where I wanted it in this post. And I am making no sense at all right? I will essplain it later.
Okay, I was all excited about taking my TSA test this afternoon and got up this morning to get out all my required papers to prove I am who I say I am (I have no idea why they think I would make up a last name like Crooks and apply for a guvmint job, hello???)and...... you guessed it, I can't find them. I thought I knew exactly where they were. They weren't there. So I looked in the next best place they would likely be and..... right again, not there. I spent the entire rest of the morning tearing the house apart looking for them and though I did find some pics of my grandchildren and one of me when I was "hot" about 10 years ago (really, if I had a scanner, you'd be looking at that pic right now, going "damn, she WAS hot") but I didn't locate said papers until well after my scheduled time to be testing.
Now, where there's a will, there's a way notwithstanding, I am unable to even talk to these people until Monday to see about rescheduling even though I did call the training center to explain my predicament. Well shit, after kicking my own ass for being such a dork for missing an opportunity, no matter how small, to work for my government again, I went online to look at the classifieds to see what else was out there.
It's not like I am desparate for a second job at the moment but I do know one day I will be in this house all by myself and even if I am caught up with everything by then, my meager little delivery thing is not gonna cover everything. My hope is that Trav will meet, fall in love and marry some nice girl on the island, thereby giving me more time to hunt for that exciting new job while he is going through the getting to know and courting stages. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen, as Judy Tenuta (the comedienne) use to say.
I must travel back to last night for a moment because it was kind of an exciting (for boring people such as myself who are so easily amused) evening in the kitchen. As you know, Jody came home and we did our nightly migration to the kitchen table. There has been a small creature that I believed to be a very large mouse living in the pantry. It knocks things off the shelves and I have scared it a few times when it startled me first. It would scurry up the wall and disappear. Outa sight, outa mind. Last night Trav's kitten was sitting there transfixed by something in the pantry so we decided to see what had captured her undivided attention. The darn thing jumped up on top of the door and I saw this huge tail disappear as it made an escape to wherever it comes from.
Trav insisted it was NOT a mouse because it looked like something on it's head and didn't have the face of a mouse. Jody said it's face looked more like a squirrel (which we don't have in Hawaii) and discussed what it could be. Jody said what were the critters they brought in to get rid of the rat problem? Travis said possums? I said mongoose? And then we all dashed to the comoputer to look it up. Sure as shit I have a mongoose living in the attic, making visits to the pantry. We stuffed the hole it uses with newspaper and hope it finds its way back out to wherever it got inside from. Our evening's entertainment.
Jody was playin with the camera and took these (my "I look like shit, what are you doing?" look:

While Travis looked like he fell asleep in the sun:

Her point being that we got some color at the beach yesterday. Persons appear redder than I think we actually were, FTR.
I got up to do dishes and Trav took this pic as he was spinning to look at me:

He said he didn't mean to hit the "capture" button, but it makes a cool screen saver for my phone :D Yes, really.
Jody and Trav were at the table and we were discussing organ donation. Travis said no way he wants them slicing him up right after he expires. I asked if he didn't want to save other lives for other families and in particular give his gorgeous eyes to someone to be able to see. He said it wasn't the eyes (that were gorgeous) so much as the lashes and Jody loved the look he did when he said it. She told him to do it again and THAT is what the video was about. Sorry if there is no sound.
Here are a couple shots I forgot to download from yesterday:

Darrin had this horn look going with his hair, it was cute but he got his hand up there before the pic captured the look I was aiming for.

I thought there was one more where I was trying to get our twin towers but apparently I didn't save it to my computer yet. They were in on or two of yesterdays pics if ya look really hard and try to find them. Or I can post it later.
I may not get back to my blog tonight since I work until 9 but ya never know, depends on how the evening goes. Gotta get ready now.
Love love to you all....


2 Comments:
This. Made me laugh. Not about your inability to find your papers for the test, I'm sorry that part happened, :-( - but about the resident mongoose. I think that's really cool!
The mongoose lemur is a really neat animal. They're often kept as pets, so you should be glad I don't live with you. I'd be trying to tame it. Wouldn't ever need to worry about mice (or snakes) in the house.
Mystic/Jill
Nice to see you again Jill :D
I think Jody had said it looked like a pet of some sort when we were debating it last night. I have 3 cats so I don't really have a mice problem and snakes are illegal here so they are not a problem (no natural predators to eat them to keep the balance), so the mongoose is my only pest problem.
Glad I could amuse you, parts of the story even amused me :D
Chris
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home