Filling in the blanks & stupid people need not apply
Filling in the blanks
Okay, now that I am all comfy here at the end of the workday, with my coffee and smokes nearby, I can fill you in on yesterday's adventure (NOT). I was having a nice relaxing morning and around noon time Trav decides he is ready to go get his check. I point at my clothing (jammies to be precise) and ask if I look like I am ready to go. He says he knows how to get there so I jump into some clothes so that he has no time alone with his money. We go to the car, which has been disabled by the stupid alarm thingy the dealer put in it, so no problem, I put the emergency code in and start it up.
***Just a note on the stupid alarm here, mmmmk? It is one of those theft prevention ideas the bank had to keep people from NOT making payments and keeping the car (like they can go anywhere off the island with it, sheesh) which is actually not a bad idea on their part. The problem is my payment was due yesterday so technically I wasn't even late yet but the damn this disables my car? WTF is up with that. But I digress as I so often do... Anyway, I have no idea how long the emergency code is good for, will it shut down in 30 mins? what if the car stalls, will it assume I am making a payment and not start again? Is anyone following my line of questions here?
So I call the dealer and everyone is out to lunch except for the guy who answered. I ask how long the emergency code is good for and if I shut the car off to run in the bank to cash my check will it start again. The guy on the other end of the phone says I can make a payment, well no shit sherlock but if I stop at the bank will it start again? He says the bank is open til 4 and at that point I thanked him for not listening or helping me whatsoever and hung up.
So Trav ran in to get his check, then I ran in to get mine and we head to the bank. I don't want to turn the car off or take turns again since I don't know how long the code works and I certainly don't want to be stranded on the way there so Trav went and cashed his and we headed off to make the car payment. We get there and I pay and inquire of the the owner about the code timing and get the same shit that the other guy gave me. I sighed and said "ever have one of those days where nobody listens to a fucking word you say?" and about a minute later he said "the code is good for 24 hours". Thank you very much, that's all I wanted to know, was that so fucking hard? Apparently it must have been.
So they give me my new code, I enter it and the car does nothing. The owner tries and it does nothing but the beeps indicate the alarm is in working order so it has to be something else. We fuck around under the hood for 1/2 an hour before he and Trav push me, I pop the clutch and it starts so we can go immediately to the mechanic to have it checked out. Trav is already running against the clock since he had to work so sadly I had to dump him at a bus stop so he could go change clothes and go to work.
I go to the mechanic, he hits the starter with a hammer, the car starts, but I don't want to have to hit it with a goddamned hammer as many times as I start the car each day at work so I tell him to quote me for a new one. $176.00, parts and labor. I told him just do it since I have the day off and it is already 2:30 and what's a couple more wasted hours? He puts it in but in taking the old one out one of the two bolts busted off, well isn't that just peachy? He can put the new one on with the one bolt and if it starts loosening come back and have it tightened down, great. I go to pay and suddenly it is 200 bucks and I am like WTF? I am told that the part he quoted was the wrong one (then I suddenly remember this is the same mechanic they used for the tune up who put in the wrong parts and it cost me 207 $ to fix) so I pay and vow never to return to him again.
Okay, I got my car, it's running and I have to leave it at the bottom of the hill for Travis since he gets off so late and the bus doesn't run up the hill after 10 and I don't want to stay up late again to go get him. I took the bus as far as it comes up the hill and walked in. Yep Steve, I walked, imagine that :D I was just too drained to do anything but finish the laundry Trav had started and that was yesterday in a nutshell.
Stupid people need not apply
The alarm jolted me out of bed this morning and though I was ready for bed early last night, when Jody got home I couldn't help myself, and we talked til after midnight. Time goes so fast with her.
Still bumming from having given most of my paycheck to the mechanic yesterday, I headed to work. And maybe it was partly due to the fact that I am NOT a morning person, but I noticed how many stupid people were on the road. All day. And when I saw one almost wipe out a lightpole in front of me I wondered how they got a drivers lisence and said out loud "stupid people need NOT apply okay?" He didn't actually hit it but backed off the curb and continued to drive but I made another mental note of another stupid driver to avoid.
I stayed fairly busy with deliveries and when I got off and long after, truth be told. I wondered how it was that I only made 15 in tips. Let me see now, I had 5 credit card transactions, 2 of them tipped 3 bucks, 1 tipped 5 and 1 tipped 2, so right there is 13 plus my first delivery who tipped 5 is 18 and I had 12 deliveries (so that was half of them already), none of which stiffed me so where does the 15 come from? I still have no idea. But I was too tired to argue the point and wanted to catch the next bus soon after I got off.
Walking up from the bus stop I took these for your viewing pleasure and I do apologize if they look alot like yesterdays or mildly repetetive of any others I have posted BUT I love the way my "hood" looks:

This is actually a retreat down the road from my house:

Almost there, my canopy of trees:

Now it is 7:30 and I am off to the kitchen top bake a cake cuz Jody likes cake too and will help me chow it down before it goes bad (which is normal when I bake a cake cuz I can't eat it fast enough by myself don'tcha know?)
Love love to you all.....


2 Comments:
Hi Chris! just wanted to say hi. I am sorry about the car troubles.
Please keep us posted about the other job...I didn't miss something about it did I?
{{hugs}} Tab
Hi Tab, no, I don't think you missed anything about it, I got the call, got online and scheduled for next Friday for the test. Will update when I take the test. *smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home