Sunday, June 12, 2005

A good productive day

I slept until 10 but only because I was up til 3 reading since I couldn't sleep alone in the house not knowing if Lorena would show up. Travis was spending the night down the hill. Anyway.... I got up and not too much later Trav called to say he was almost home and what was my plan for the day. I was playing games online and was content to hang there playing for awhile. Then I decided I was ready to prepare the house for the bombing and after doing that we set them off and took off.

We went to Home Depot first in search of a carpet knife so we could put the new carpeting in the bathroom and spare keys for the front door (I only had 1) so we could lock it for awhile (meaning until I am comfortable in feeling Lorena wouldn't come while I am gone). Found the knife and went over to the key department and the guy filling in for the guy on break had no idea about prices or how to cut them. Go figure. Since we were on the aisle with locks anyway I bought a new set for 10.00 that had the knob and deadbolt, such a deal. Turns out when it rung up it was 18.00 and I said uh uh and after checking it was their mistake so they gave it to me for the 10.00 and I left happy.

Next we went over to Aloha Tower Marketplace (ATM) to have a bite at the Subway while we can still use our cards. I was so bummed they didn't honor the old cards that I had from the mainland. The ones where you got a FREE sandwich for a card with 12 stamps? But they combined it with an 8 stamp card and after purchasing 2 drinks we each had a sammich.

Then we went up to the top of the tower and got these pics for you:

From makai (water) side of tower (techniaclly it is from the Diamond Head side but looking makai and straight down):

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

This is from the same side, looking straight down on the marketplace (you can see the shadow of the tower in the left hand corner):

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

From the mauka (mountain) side of tower:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Yes, the big boat was in port today :D So let's mosey to the boat side of the tower and peek in:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Every time I go to the ATM I have to go into the Perfumeria store to sniff and see what the going rate is for White Diamonds. They really do have the best prices for designer perfumes on the island and Travis was amazed at how much less his favorites were there too. He was thrilled I turned him on to the place.


Then because we were enjoying our day out, we went to the Freight Merchant to see what cool new stuff they might have. I only found a boxed set of the glade oils plug ins for 5.00, such a steal. It had one plug-in unit and 5 of the 6 bottles of oil were intact so still it was a hell of a deal! And the box smelled so good from the broken one that it is now making the bathroom smell good!

I did take a pic of the hills as I came home, this crossing the Likelike hiway:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I took this of Gizzy as I came in:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

We came home and he started some laundry and I started making ribs for dinner before I put the new lock set on the door and Travis laid the carpeting in the bathroom. Content with our handiwork we called the kids (his kids, my grandkids) and I went to the kitchen to see how the ribs were doing and the hills out the kitchen window were just singing to me, I swear they were. So even though the view is best from the kitchen, the screens tend to distort it, so I went down in the yard and took these, which certainly don't do them justice:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

After dinner we watched The Sheild and Rescue Me, though I drifted to the kitchen 1/2 way through Rescue Me to do the dishes. I don't know if that is what I went in for but while I was there I did them anyway and even cleaned out the fridge, throwing all of Lorena's old stuff out freed up a lot of space. Now, I want some ice cream. I am not sure I want to go out in the pouring rain to get some but maybe it will let up.

The Jody count down: 68 hours! :D Love love to you all....

2 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Wow, I feel like I hit the picture jackpot! Thanks for so many Chris.
Looks like Lorena might not come back at all if she hasn't yet. I am so thrilled that you and Travis are getting along so well now.
Looks like things are definitely looking up, with Jody on her way and all. I'll try to keep up on my blog, but I know it will be hit and miss for me. Thank you for checking it out all the time.
*smooches*

9:22 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I love taking them for you! It's kind of a "welcome to my world" thing ;-)

I think Lorena will be back at some point to get the rest of what she left here but she is in for a rude awakening. I am happy about me and Trav too, he even commented on that yesterday, that we had been getting along fine and even laughing in the past couple weeks. He finds me "cute and funny" and I said I am when people aren't being shitty to me and stressing me out.

And about your blog? I wouldn't miss it for the world! I really enjoy reading it, you are so much more coherent and entertaining than me!

*smooch* Chris

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home