Some day off
I don't know why but I didn't sleep well last night, kinda hovered in that stage right before you drop off to sleep but aren't yet asleep. So when the alarm went off at 6:45 I so coulda slept past 7:30, like I predicted. But I got up since I really wanted my car to run well again and got out the door on time to get there on time, if I hadn't had any problems. But no, I got 1/2 way there and hit a stoplight and while waiting for it to turn, the damn thing died. I could NOT get it started again. I pushed it around the corner, off the main road & called the shop, said I would be late and it would be towed in. Then I called roadside service, which I am so glad I have, and had them send me a towtruck. I had a cup of coffee and a good book and the time went pretty quick and I was calm, what else could I do?
Had it towed, pulled my bike out and headed for home. I was home about 1/2 hour when they called and said it needed the tune-up and would run 200$ (WTF? since Friday?) and I told them to do it and would be down later. I took an hour to catch my breath and Trav and I took the bus down to pick up our checks and cash them. I got all his money, not as much as either of us would have liked to see, but still... Then we took a cab out to get the car and I asked the WTF? question and had it explained to me that yes, it had all new parts, but they were for the wrong engine, not mine, and were burned through and arcing, causing all the problems. The labor was what killed me since it took him awhile to find the holes. I paid and I must say, it is back to its old awesome self, the car.
Decided to stop into Kennys for a bite on the way home and when we were leaving there Dave called!! Dave, as in Steve's roomie, lust of my life. What a surprise! We chatted for a few and he had to make another call so we said we'd chat later. He'd like to come out when he gets his shit together and back on top of stuff and I must confess I would like that myself *wicked grin*.
I finally broke down and called my grandkids, hoping the phone would be answered, and got to talk to all of them! I miss them so much and they remember me. They sounded so grown up. *sigh* A couple hours later their mom called and after she laid into Trav, she and I chatted for over an hour. Laughed my ass off, she is so funny and so much more pleasant to me as she has grown up. She, too, said she would call again soon and chat :D
Played in the "bar" and that was interesting and sorta fun too. So it was a happy day today. And I will sleep well tonight :D
And now only 188 hours til Jody time! Love love to you all...


2 Comments:
wow, that sucks it took $200 to get the car back to running good.
Awesome that you got to talk to Dave *and* the grandkids though. Hopefully this time you will be able to mantain the communication with the xdil, if she permits it.
definitely an interesting night in chat. hope to do it again soon, *hugs* Tab
Yeah, it sucks to get your paycheck only to hand it over to others within hours. But without the car I can't really do my job, catch-22 and all.
It was great having phone calls be so positive and being back in touch. The x is apparently not an x as I discovered last night that a divorce was never sought by my DS like he had claimed. She is, however, moving to California at the end of the month so will lose contact untill she gets an address but she will still have my phone # to stay in touch.
Interesting? and disturbing in a way. Hope to do it again soon too ;-) *hugs* Chris
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home