A shit rolls down hill day
Oh sure, it started out all innocent like it wasn't going to bite me in the ass. Very relaxing even. Vegetated for most of the day in fact and felt so relaxed I thought it would be nice to have another day off. I even watched the 3-hour lunch on NKOTB (ya know, the first white boy band since the Osmonds?), I don't know why, but it was interseting in a brainless sorta way.
So I get to work and I'm doing dishes since there are no deliveries and I am pushing the big pail back into place for the cooks and knock the lid off a 5 gallon bucket of pizza sauce. I bent down to grab it and my new camera phone (yeah, the one I got not a month ago) slid right out of the case on my belt and dove right to the bottom of the sauce. I used the ladle to scoop it right out and ran it under water quickly to get the sauce off then I pulled it apart to dry it out. Put it in the car, all the pieces, since it was warm and I thought that would facilitate getting it dryer quicker. I am pissed at myself now. And cranky.
Finally got a delivery and of course the first one out stiffs me. I am thinking it may be one of those sucky days that just gets shittier as it goes along but didn't want to convey that attitude so I reminded myself that I am a spritual being in a human body along for the ride and not to be attached to anything that happens. Okay, I'm calm. Not happy, but calm.
I ran a couple more deliveries and after that hour had past I thought maybe the phone would be dry and usable if I was lucky. So I put it back together and since I was on a double delivery I tried it to call the second one to let them know I was on my way. It actually made the call but then it wouldn't shut off and disconnect. Well shit. So I pulled the battery and thought maybe it was still not entirely dry so let it be for another hour and the bottom line is it won't stay on and needs to be replaced. So sadly I am without a camera to add pics here for another week.
Other than me being cranky the rest of the night didn't go too bad at all. Tips were decent and I got off on time. But tomorrow is an early day (well I start at 10:30 so for my schedule that is early) so if I want to get any reading done (and I do) I will call this done for the day.
The Jody countdown:14 days :D
Love love to you all


2 Comments:
Well crap! That just sucks Chris. Sorry. :( Today will be better. *crosses fingers*
No worries about the pics here, I am just sorry it happend. Frankly, I can't even imagine not tipping a delivery person. That just boggles my mind that people will do that. *Hugs* Tab
Today had no real mishaps, just turned into another long day so I couldn't get to the bar until now. Sorry. *smooch* Chris
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home