Sooooo......
I set the alarm to get up at 8 so I could call to cancel the appointment for the tune-up with the dealer and get a different one with my managers mechanic. I was up til almost midnight so I thought I would make the calls and go back to sleep without ever getting out of bed. But NOOOOOOOOOO...... 7:40 am and some neighbor with a chain saw decides I don't need to sleep any longer. Now mind you, it is pouring rain and I love sleeping when it is raining and cool and smelling good and I am wondering WTF? and hoping he is getting soaked for ruining my plan.
I made my phone calls, no problem but now I am awake and not at all happy to be so. I know there is a universal thing that makes it all work out ok, since there is a reason for everything, but dang it, I just get cranky when a good plan goes south. Plus there is my whole theory on the fact that if God wanted me to be a morning person he woulda made them later in the day. I am a nightowl by nature, always was, probably always will be. No good reason to fuck with a natural thing.
That being said, some days it's just fun to mess with people. Today I decided should be one of them. Today was to be the Boo Radley day. Like when I would get this far away look, either from boredom, non-comprehension, or just plain for the fun of it, I would then say "oh, excuse me, I was having a Boo Radley moment". So many people don't get that and wonder WTF a Boo Radley moment is. Or even who Boo Radley is. Go ahead, experiment, try it out yourself and enjoy the looks of puzzlement you see :D Am I evil or what? But I digress....
It was a decent day altogether really. I took my car in for the tune-up and while it was sitting there waiting its turn I got on the phone to call the phone insurance people to exchange my non working one for a new one but never got to talk to a real person before I got fed up with all the choices of options and just called T-mobile to see about getting another since they can do that sorta thing. The person I talked to said I would need a credit card to purchase on the phone and I asked why I never did before. 15 minutes later I said if it wouldn't cost me so damn much to cancel I would just go that route since I had been a customer from way before they were the provider, having started with Voicestream way back when. She told me to hold.
I held and another person came on the line and said they were clearing me to put it on my next bill since I have indeed been a good customer with a good payment history. I didn't even say "I told ya so" because I do have some manners :D So, cool, a new phone will arrive in 3-5 days and though it is a different model it is a video and camera phone. Mark one on the plus side.
I mosey back over and the mechanic is waiting for me and wondering what makes me think I need a tune-up so I explained what it was doing and he points to the plugs, points, etc and says that it was just done recently and everything is brand new. So he took it for a test drive and came back and said it seemed fine to him and there was nothing to fix. I confess that on the way there it did seem fine but I wasn't gonna take any chances with a long day tomorrow. I asked him if maybe I just got a bad tank of gas and he said it was possible. So I didn't have to leave 50.00 there and I even offered to pay them for their time and they said "oh no honey, that's okay". COOL place, little outa the way by the airport but hey they are reasonable and honest. How refreshing.
Went to work and the damn thing started doing it again! Well shit I think I will pull the air filter myself tomorrow and if need be the fuel filter cuz it sure ain't getting the gas like it should. It was slow (work, not the car) and the first place I went to stiffed me, figures. I had been pondering how to go about getting ignorant people to tip without getting out my crow bar and prying it out of their fucking wallets, that wouldn't be prudent, now would it? So I asked the guy if he was not happy with the service and he said yes everything was fine and I said I wondered then why he didn't tip. He repeated that everything was fine before turning to walk back in his house. He probably didn't have a fucking clue what I was talking about, ignorant bastard.
On the other hand, the few others who tried to stiff me DID tip when I asked the same thing. Since I only had 8 deliveries tonight I was not going to take no for an answer if I could help it. Needless to say, I didn't do all that well. Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.
The thing that I saw today that amused me was actually hanging on the back of a truck. How do I word this delicately? Ummm... okay, it looked the the truck was sporting a very male set of appendages. Cracked me up when he took off from the stoplight and they were just a swingin'.
I even got off early and was home by 8, went to the "bar" and after everyone said hi they totally ignored me so I just left without a word. Got better things to do anyway, like tearing apart the phone I dropped in pizza sauce and seeing if I can really clean it out and make it work again since the warranty is useless anyway. I'll get back to you and let ya know if I was successful......
Love love to you all...


3 Comments:
Wow, long day huh? Can you get in trouble for asking about the tips? I mean if someone complained about it or something? Just worrying as usual. If not, then keep on asking if it seems to work.
I know from experience that going into the bar with a conversation all ready in full swing can be tough. I've had to force my way in or just leave. (or wait and watch for someone better to come in)
I'm so tired today, had an extra kid, and swam at me parents house. Man, that can take it out of you, being in the sun and all. But I guess I don't need to tell you about that. ;) Hang in there hon, remember Jody is coming soon! *hugs* Tab
I don't know about trouble but if anyone did complain they would just tell me to stop. But people who have to be asked are not about to call and complain because they would either look stupid or tight far not just tipping in the first place, IMHO.
Your tired sounds like a good tired and you perhaps got a little color? I am hanging in and yes it will soon be Jody time!!!
*hugs* Chris
Very good points about the tipping thing. Like I said, I just overly worry sometimes.
Color...ah yes. A little much but it will turn into a tan soon enough. Definitely tired though.
I am so happy you have Jody's visit to keep your spirits up. Check in with you later, *smooch* Tab
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home