Today so rocked!
I awoke from a deep sleep at 5 am, on the couch, and staggered to bed. Slept solid again until 9. When I woke up then, I was ready to get up, almost bright eyed and bushy tailed, so to speak. Yep, a good day will do that to ya, especially if you didn't really get any good sleep the night before. But I digress.
So I got on the computer, as I so often do, started a birthday thread for my buddy and read some other threads, checked my mail, my blog and went to Pogo to play some mindless games. Decided I should shower since I was hot and needed to leave early to go pay my insurance. I was not even too disturbed that my zipper on my fanny pack finally went kaput after umpteen years. Yes indeed, I was feeling good.
Got out of the shower and the phone rang. After the awesome calls of yesterday I answered right away. It was work asking me to get there as soon as I could. I explained that I had just gotten out of the shower and needed to go pay my insurance and was told whenever I could get there would be awesome. The 2 pm person was a no show and since I am off tomorrow, why the heck not make a few extra bucks?
Off I went, hair still wet, paid the insurance and headed for work. Got there about 2:40 and was told that nothing was going on so I could just chill awhile. I explained my fanny pack situation and said if I was gonna chill, I was going to do it at Goodwill or other thrift store. The manager said hold on and I said I was starving so she told me to help myself to any of the things that were there left over. I had a couple breadsticks and chicken wings and she came out of the storage corner and handed me a Pizza Hut fanny pack! Said since I was so good to come running when she called I would be rewarded. Yay!!! And I got a commuter mug too :D I went out to the car and traded out fanny packs, threw the old one away and was sent out on a delivery pretty quick.
You can believe that it's going to be a decent day when your first delivery tips ya 5 bucks and my belief was not disappointing. The next 2 tipped 4 dollars and all night I only had 1 place stiff me and now I doubt I'll ever step foot in a Jack-in-the-box again because they didn't see fit to tip at all. But that was one of 4 deliveries I took at one time and the fourth and last one of that run gave me 15 so it made up for the tightasses at J-i-t-b. Those 4 deliveries took 30 minutes and netted me 26 dollars, mileage reimbursement included. Damn I was on fire!
Add to this the fact that it was raining, not hard but a nice gentle rain, and I had ELO in the tape deck. And that the 2nd button on my blouse was open. Ok, maybe this belongs in my other blog of Deep Dark Secrets but ELO and rain, when taken together, has the affect of making me......shall we say "frisky"? Who knows, maybe I was "glowing" and exposing a little cleavage, in any case, money was good tonight. 4 & 1/4 hours of deliveries and I had 80 greenbacks in my pocket. 17 delieveries but still 63 was in tips.
And it occured to me at 6 pm that "by this time next week I will be with Jody" and then another realization hit me. With Thursdays off too, which I was originally kinda bummin about, I could continue my tradition of Thursady afternoon coffee with her. Just like I always had before. And then I found myself smiling at that thought. It seemed perfectly fated for the guys to get back from vacation so I could keep up a fine tradition. Must get some gummy candy. LOL. Jody would so get that.
Travis was even in a good mood when he came to work and I was just too busy by then to talk but he did get another job at a place called Buco Dubebpo or something like that--it means basement in Italian. It's a restaurant and he will start tomorrow and get 9.50 hr there, and is keeping Pizza Hut for awhile too. I'm happy for him and ultimately me, if I can keep him on the straight and narrow. Hopefully his head is out of his ass now for good.
Then I worked a little late, doing dishes, as we have no dishwasher and I was waiting for my order anyway. Nothing quite like bbq chicken dippin sticks. MMMMMMMM. They don't have them on the menu, well they have dippin sticks, but we have bbq sauce left from when they had rib tips on the menu, and I ordered mine special. They were so yummy.
That's pretty much it for now. Jody countdown....164 hours :D
Love love to you all.....


2 Comments:
Chris, I couldn't be happier that you had such a good day. I started a blog, but have not done anything with it yet. It's just there in case I do. I'll let you know if I write in it.
Hope the tips keep coming in like that! :) Tab
Oh Tab, I am so proud of you! If your family ever did find it, which is doubtful, you could explain that it is just a diary, cuz really that is all mine is (well the other one isn't but no one goes there) and it is good to have a record for remembering things.
I hope so too!! God that was great yesterday. Plus Trav's new job will help ALOT in catching him up with me and me with my debts.
I should get the new camera phone in the next day or two so I can start posying pics again, I kinda liked that :D
*hugs* Chris
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home