Just a brief update
I am exhausted, having stayed up til 1 laughing with the roomies in the kitchen and we all look forward to that late evening "treat" together I think. We all enjoy it and end up there anyway. But getting back to the update, I woke up long before the alarm this morning and with a cup of coffee and a smoke I did my blog then showered, visited with Jody a little and headed off to work.
It was a slow day and I had mostly kids with exact change so was less than thrilled to be at work, cleaning and cleaning and, you get the idea. So I was not at all upset when they asked me at 5 if I'd like to go home. Travis and Darrin (his best buddy who also works at Pizza Hut with us and Buco with Travis) were there and I needed to go to the store for a few things as I was craving my potato salad and with tomorrow off thought I'd pack a little picnic. I asked if they wanted to go along and Darrin said he had to work but as he was waiting for it to get busy, Trav went in and asked if he could go shopping with us and they said yes, they'd call if they needed him (they never did call).
I took this pic as we were heading back towards home and it wasn't sunset but it was getting close:
So we went grocery shopping then brought them home, picking up a black leather couch from the side of the road from the neighbors and they took mine out and we put it out on the road for somebody else to take (that's how it works here, really) or the trash men to get if nobody else does. Then we took Darrin home, Travis picked up a young cat of theirs they were looking for a home for (she is 6 months old and looks like Nalo) and stopped to see if Jody would get off the bus and need a ride home since we picked up the bike at the guard shack where she left it last night (riding a hill in the rain is a bear at night in shorts) and when she didn't get off to catch the shuttle up the hill we headed home.
I started frying chicken and Trav peeled the potatoes then I put them on to cook with the eggs and chopped the other stuff up and started some garlic bread sticks. I sent Trav back down the hill for tin foil and to look for Jody and he waited for a little bit and said (we were on the phone) "I think there is a Jody getting off the B, no wait, maybe it's not a Jody" so I told him to yell out "I am Sparticus" and see if she said she was (it's a joke around here). So he did and said it IS a Jody cause she is smiling.
I finished up the chicken, put it away and was just putting the bread sticks on the table when they came in smiling. (there is ALOT of that around here too, now) Trav made some salads and we ate and caught up, played with Trav's new kitty, now named BG for baby girl and after chatting awhile longer everybody is asleep now and since it is going on 1 am I am going to go that way shortly too.
Trav is happy since he got a cat (he's been asking to have one since he got on the island) and a new couch so I don't have to get him anything for Fathers day as I know he misses his kids but won't be getting anything from them.
Gee, did I say brief update? LOL
Love love to you all.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home