Friday, June 17, 2005

I'm back

Not like I was really gone but I didn't get to my blog yesterday. After going to bed about 1:30, I was awakened at 7:20 by the sound of joy and laughter coming from the kitchen. Of course I had to investigate since that hasn't happened in this house in awhile and even when you are not ready to be awake, there is no better way to be woken up except maybe with butterfly kisses :D I go to the kitchen and find Jody and Trav having a lighthearted conversation and Trav is never up at that hour unless he has to work, so, can you see how magical Jody is?

We talk story, laugh and giggle until Jody left for work, then Trav went back to bed and I grabbed coffee and some smokes and went to my computer. I was at the computer, still checking my e-mails when Lorena cruised through and I didn't move, just sat there in shock sort of. Then a policeman was at the door and he tells me I can't lock her out. WTF? I said I told her to set a time as I planned to call for a cilvil standby anyway since she has been viscious to me and I didn't want a physical confrontation and have to hurt her.

He went on to tell me that subletting was illegal. Again WTF? I explained that I was NOT subletting and he said the minute money changes hands for space in a home it is. Excuse me officer but she is not on the lease and hasn't paid what she agreed to, which was not much BTW, and he said it was a civil matter and take her to court but that it was illegal. Where did she find this guy? Oh yeah, he's a Hawaii popo. D'oh! I wasn't gonna argue with him and get myself in trouble so I asked if once she turned the key over if she had any right to return and he said no. FINE.

So she and half the neighborhood got her shit out, I got the key and then I got on google and looked up "subletting", which by definition is "Property, especially an apartment, rented by a tenant to another party" and in my brain I am thinking it implies that one person agrees to rent for another until the lease ends. Then I got really pissed off because I felt he was basically telling me that any fucking nutjob could walk into my home, saying they lived here, and I could not stop them from taking everything I owned.

So even though I was feeling so relieved she was out of the picture, I was furious with the cops statement. I stewed on it, debated going to the popo station and filing a complaint and it drained me. All I really wanted to do was sleep but I was afraid I would oversleep and be late for work so I just got ready and left early, so I could go to the bike shop and get a new lock for the bike so Jody could actually ride it.

Got to work early and I was so tired and my mouth was hurting because one of my teeth was about ready to fall out (okay that happened awhile ago that I fell and did a face plant, knocking one of them out and loosened the other but since it was a capped tooth I was hoping it would break off and be like the others that can be put back in but the darn thing just got looser and looser and I accidentally took a hit to my face with the one of the pizza bags and it broke from one side and has been kinda flapping around annoying the hell outa me but I was waiting for my insurance to kick in and damn this is a long explanation but now you know why) so I was not in the best form to say the least.

I dragged ass at work and though it was very busy and Travis was making pizza's like a madman, there were half a dozen drivers at least, so not that many deliveries for me and I was glad when I got off. I was trying to download the program to make the new USB cable I got work (so I could download the video from my camera) and it didn't, when Trav came home (early) and told me he was sent home and probably suspended. He had been throwing things earlier and had asked the manager if our insurance covered mental health because he thought he might be bi-polar or something because he was fine one minute and depressed and angry the next, for no reason.

I asked if it was because he really didn't want to be there and he said not really, he didn't mind one way or the other, it just hit him, but I think he he feeling a bit overwhelmed with 2 jobs, 1 he loves and pays well and the other at Pizza Slut as he calls it, which doesn't pay well at all. I told him to give his notice and just do the one that paid as long as he brings his checks home and doesn't mess up.

Then Jody comes walking in with a big smile on her face, which Travis liked to see and it brought a smile to his face. We all ended up in the kitchen at the table and talked and LAUGHED until bedtime. He said she is the best. Well of course she is, haven't I always said that? The subject of my storage (or lack of my things)came up and Jody interjected, "shall we discuss Lorena?" which brought on more fits of laughter. It was not said as further punishment to him and he was the one who started me on it and I said let's not go there when she diffused it so well. I know the last thing he needs is a reminder of how badly he has messed up and she made it lighthearted. It really is great to have laughter and joy in the home again and Trav is in awe because she addresses him and doesn't ignore or shoot daggers at him like Lorena did.

So all was right with the world when I went to bed planning to sleep in. I did until 9:30 this morning, when the neighbor with the chain saw started in again. What is up with him I wonder. Dunno but one of these days HE is gonna get what he deserves from the universe for waking people up with it. But I am in a good mood and the tooth finally fell out so isn't hurting anymore and I have much to do today so will be back tonight...

Love love to you all...

2 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Well that's just crappy. I am so glad you are done with her now. And I am glad that Jody is there with you while you're going through it. I know that makes it all a little easier, as you pointed out.

Now you no longer have to worry about the drama she created. And I am really happy you sent her the email, even if she didn't respond at least you know she read it and you got to say what you needed to.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I am glad too and thrilled that Jody has helped me quickly through it :D

Me too on the e-mail sweety, thanks for your encouragement and support with the isssue (as well as all the time :D) because I did get to get it off my chest.

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to end every evening with the 3 of us at the kitchen table laughing our asses off since Jody's arrival. It's become a ritual and a nice one at that. I go to bed laughing :D

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home