Monday, June 20, 2005

Out of my shell

And out of the house playing on Sunday. I never got around to my blogging, though I did try a couple times, but I wanted to post pics and the T-mobile site was down so I was stubborn and tried to wait it out. And I don't have a lot of time to blog this morning but I will get as much done as I can before I head off to work and finish when I get home.

I was actually the first one up yesterday, oddly enough. We were, of course, up late Saturday night and since we all had nowhere to be in the morning, sleeping in was a great thing. Travis made us breakfast and we hung out for so long that we decided to hang with Travis until it was time for him to go to work. It was Father's day and he was kinda bummin that he couldn't go to the beach with us due to work, so it was the least we could do ;-)

So we went off cruisin, thinking of things to do until he went to work and I thought it would be nice to show Jody where the Frieght Merchant is, so we stopped there first. Then we drove past the Salvation Army and other thrift stores closer to home and as they were all closed we thought we'd go to the 99 cent store, it's near where Travis works. So by the time we got down that way, he had to go to work and after hugs and sending him in, we meandered towards the 99 cent store. Saw these birds just chilling right outside:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Then Jody and I debated the beach thing, as it was already 4 by then and kinda late to start tanning before sunset. So we opted to go to Kaimuki to the Goodwill and hang out and browse.

On the way back it was getting near time for the sun to start setting so I had this bright idea to take her up to the top of Alewa and show her where "Christmas" is. About a third of the way up, she said are you going to make it with the gas gauge on empty? I hadn't even paid attention to the darn thing and was indeed on fumes. So we turned around to coast down for gas and caught this pic on the way:


Image hosted by TinyPic.com

We got gas and decided to head home since we were so close anyway and Jody took these on the way up:


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com

We hung at home for the evening, nothing too exciting and and I waited up for Trav to get off work because it was pouring rain and I hated to see him walk up the hill at 12:30 in it.

That was pretty much it, love love to you all....

2 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

hi chris, I'm glad you had such a happy day off. Thrift stores are so much fun! As usual, the pictures are beautiful. What is Travis' new kittie named? *hugs*

11:30 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

He calls her BG (short for Baby Girl) but I just call her little woman :D

*hugs* to you, hope you had fun with your granny, I missed you ;-)

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home