A day at the beach...
I got some really cute shots of the kitten, this one last night:

And this one this morning:

So Jody and I were discussing going to the store for laundry detergent while waiting for the boys to wake up and I turn around and POOF they are up! I said they must
have heard the word "shopping" LOL and after getting ready really quick we took off. We did indeed stop at the store for laundry soap and snacks and juices, too.
Then we were off to the beach, Travis saying the whole time he wanted to call in and take the day off. We set up under this nice tree as it was closer to the water than the picnic benches were and the gang took off down the beach since the spot we chose said no swimming, sharp metal objects in water. I snapped the first shot as I came to the water to head down to where they were. This is how the next couple of hours looked:

Travis and our little pal Cody (on the mattress snorkeling, sorta):

Trav took this of me when I came out the first time:

Someone had a dog and said I could take a pic, even made him sit for it, he was part of the days entertainment, cool dog, forgot to ask it's name, my bad:

Some cool metal thing near our tree in the no swimming area:

Break time, Trav to eat, Jody to smoke:

Back to the water, ignoring the no swimming sign altogether!!!:

Trav and an interesting rock(?). Funny thing is, he was posing with his arms in the air, much like Jody in the next pic, but I said something that cracked him up and this is actually a better shot:

Jody has to take pics of the work she is doing this summer, here she is "working" hard :D :

Your little sun worshipper-me:

Trav bringing me his sunglasses so they don't get ripped off his face in the current:

Travis and Jody body surfing (which is a total blast):

This is looking in the opposite direction from the water, on our way out since Trav had to go to work:

And this is looking up on the way out, awesome clouds, yeah?:

It was quite a wonderful time and we all came away with some "local color" and after dropping Travis off at work we headed to Wally World to pick up a new pump for the fish tank and a few other items, Aloe Vera aftersun gel among them. Sure I have a bottle at home but we wanted some then.
Came home, put the ribs on to BBQ and I chatted with MC in the bar while I scarfed dinner. I almost wish I didn't have to work in the morning *sigh* as I am so relaxed. Next week on Sunday, our plan is Makaha beach, a bit of a drive but worth the trip. Today we went to Sand Island and it is now my favorite nearby beach :D I know, I live here in this house for a year and didn't know that beatiful beach was there, so close, 12 minutes from home. I have fished not far from it on numerous occassions and didn't realize if I drove all the way to the very end of the island I would find that wonderful place. Jody was hip though and I am thrilled she turned me on to it.
Tha's about it for tonight, love love to you all....


2 Comments:
Great pictures! Loved to see all of you out there having fun. These were probably my favorite pictures of all...thanks for sharing them Chris!
Thanks Tab, and you are most welcome, it was fun. I actually worked on my blog until just a few minutes ago but when I hit publish, it took me back to where I had to sign in, grrr, because I took so long writing it and I am too tired to start again tonight (or this morning really) so will try to reconstruct it in the morning. *smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home