Thursday, June 30, 2005

What day is it?

I got up early to take the car in because it wouldn't start last night when Jody and I decided to go find Travis on his way home from work. He had called and said he was on his way home and it was raining so Jody said let's go get him. Of course when I tried to call right back the restaurant was closed and no one was answering so we thought we would trace the bus route he would likely take home. It was a late night joy ride basically but we did find him. Back to the story I started, so the car wouldn't start, so we pulled out and rolled down the hill, popped the clutch and set off.

When we got back I said I needed to get up early to take it in for service since they did bust the one bolt when they replaced the starter last week. I was thinking how much I was gonna hate taking it in every week to get the one remaining bolt tightened. So I got up early to go in before work and when I went out and got in, it started right up. So I thought it must be a weird fluke or something, turned it off and started it again, and it did start. Being one of those thick skulled people I did this several times to make sure. Yep, it was fine and then I remembered that if the clutch is not to the floor the darn thing won't start.

Jody was happy to hear it was not a problem and I hung out for awhile and gave her a ride down so she could catch her bus. I started work with a delivery of 8 large pizzas out to Sand Island, cool, nice drive. They tipped me 12 bucks! And I thought what a great way to start the day :D I got back and had a triple delivery and they had requested me!!! It would have been someone else's delivery otherwise but they wanted me, made my day again, felt kinda special. Oh, that's right, I am, lol.

The day went pretty well till about 3 and I had to take a delivery to the projects where nobody wants or likes to go because it is way too much trouble. I looked at the ticket, grabbed the two 2litre sodas and headed out. I get there and these 2 boys of maybe 5 or 6 are cussing out a couple of girls of maybe 12 or 13 saying fuck you, you bitches. And I say "you kiss your mama with that mouth" but not very loud cuz shit, I'm in the projects. He turns around and says "yeah I kiss her ON the mouth you fucking bitch" at which point I got sarcastic and said "so, do you want this pizza or shall I leave?" The kids are grabbing the sodas and trying to grab the pizzas and I am telling them it's hot to be careful and the father asks me if I am trying to burn his children. WTF? And I say no sir that is why I warned them. He had a fit because I was one short so I look at the ticket and sure as shit I was a soda short. I told him I would run back to the store and grab one and be right back.

I went back to the store and relayed all of this to the manager and said I would rather quit than go back. She said if I didn't they would call the call center who would call us and I'd have to go back anyway. I then expressed how I would rather chew tin foil or have needles stuck in my eyes than return as I wa sbagging the fucking soda. She just looked at me and I took off. I got back over there, left the car running, planning a drop and run maneuver and the guy says "where's my other pizza?" I said there were only two on the order and that was what he was charged for and he said one of them was wrong so I said let's call them, shall we? I dial up, ask the manager how many were on the order, 2 or 3, and he is yelling at me that I am asking it wrong already. He is fortunate at this point that I am not packing my 9MM, mmmk? Cuz I surely woulda wasted his teardrop tatto by the eye skanky ass. But I digress.

I hand the phone to him to talk to her and he is yelling at her and what is he suppose to do with his 12 kids crying that they are hungry (I'm thinking maybe stop breeding?) and the pizza isn't there. He says he is going to report her and get her written up because she didn't send the pizza with me when I came back with the soda (he had apparently ordered another between the time I left and came back because one of them was supposedly wrong but the evidence was long gone of course) and she explained to him that they just got that order so they had no way to send it with me because they didn't even know about it when I left the store. He finally hung up on her and asked my name and I pointed at my badge and said Chris, write me up too and then I split.

By the time I got back to the store the manager had already reported him and he was never going to get another pizza from us again (but I didn't know that yet) and I said you can fire me but I am NEVER going back on that block again. Then she told me I wouldn't have to. She also said she wanted to deliver the other pizza so she could kick his ass but the other manager wouldn't let her so they sent another driver.

I stayed an extra hour and did one more delivery and packaged the Parmesan cheese sinc e we finally got the packets in but have to use the bulk stuff first to get rid of it. 300 and some baggies later I was done and came home. I peeled potatoes for some potato salad for the beach tomorrow and whilst hanging out in the bar I forgot they were cooking. They weren't burnt but let's just say I didn't have to mash them like I normally would do.


A couple pics on the way home, the clouds were awesome looking:







Taken out one of my kitchen windows, obviously I need to wash my screens:



Okay it took me awhile to figure out how to use the new feature here that allows me to download pics right in the blog without having to go to another site to host them for me so now it is very late and I am sleepy. But I did figure it out as well as sign up for this other service that allows me to send pics right from my phone directly to my blog. This feature I don't have all figured out yet and await word from blogspot as to how to access it cuz my code isn't working but once it is operational my pics will post from wherever I am taking them, albeit this smaller size :-( but instantaneous is a good thing :D

Love love to you all.......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Chris, that guy sounds nuts! I am glad you don't have to go back. Although I was surprised to hear that you had a "projects" there.lol

Hopefully the $12 tip from earlier made up for some of his crap.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your car keeps running ok.

*smooches* Tabitha

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Well, the teardrop tat by the eye was my first clue as to his gang killing habits and made me uncomfortable and THEN he started in on me and I remained calm (on the outside) but tensed with every fibre of my being (on the inside).

We actually have a number of "projects" here as there is a large number of people on aid. Most of them don't scare me but this guy had me pissed.

Car is okay, just driver error because she didn't know how testy the clutch is. But thanks for crossing your fingers, I need all the help I can get ;-)

*smooch* Chris

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home