Sunday, July 17, 2005

I believe I got what I deserved

Finally a great day. Okay it started out not looking that way when Jody's alarm went off early and she didn't even hear it. Poor girl must have been exhausted. After listening to it for awhile, I finally threw one of my feather pillows at her feet on the other side of the room and said "Jody, make it stop" and she hit snooze, said sorry and was out like a light again. About the third time it went off, I got up and my alarm hadn't even gone off yet. It worked out okay as I had a project to finish before work.

Yesterday I found out there was a coloring contest, you see, and I wanted to color a poster for our team for the X-games tomorrow when our store competes. But I didn't get home until almost 10 pm and I had to think awhile about what I wanted to do. Then when I figured it out and started on it, got about 80% done, it was after 1 am and I needed to find out the 2 managers who would be going. So, getting up early to call and work on it a bit before I had to leave for work was a good thing.

I got to work and since there was nothing going on I went out to my car to finish coloring. I had just finished and was going to go back in when one of the managers called to ask me to come back in. He didn't realize I was right outside and I went in and the day started. Wish now I had taken a pic of the poster, too, oh well. One of the other drivers had car problems and so it was just 2 of us and we were steadily busy all afternoon and it was almost 5 before I knew it. Being the scenery and cloud gazer that I am, and always with an eye to the sky, I noticed the moon out coming back to the store around 5. Beautifully sunny day and the moon hangin up there. I know it's kinda hard to see but it is the tiny dot in the clouds:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Then the sunset was awesome, alot of pink, which, sadly, isn't really visible either:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I know it looks similar to yesterdays but I took the pics in the same spot at the stoplight by the store. I saw one cloud this afternoon that looked like Yoda, from Star Wars, but I wasn't able to get a pic while I was driving and by the time I stopped it was obscured by larger clouds, bummer.

I did, however get this one that looked like a seahorse (at least to me it did)I know the detail is kinda lost but it really did:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

We were busy and I worked late (plus the tips were good) so when I got off I called Jody to see if she needed a lift home from work. She can't hear the phone in the lab so I was home by the time she called back. She wasn't going to be done in time to catch the last bus and was dreading the walk up the hill (why she wouldn't call and ask me to pick her up is beyond me, but she is self-sufficient that way--a good example for Trav but does he follow suit? wait, I'm not going there now...) and would love a lift home since I was going to be nearby checking my mail at the post office anyway.

So I rolled some smokes, changed clothes and headed off to town. I even remembered to mail the post cards that have been in the car the past couple days, I am a slacker, what can I say? Got the mail and drove the couple blocks over to get Jody and she again didn't hear the phone but I didn't sit there for long before she called back to say she had about 10 more minutes. No problem, I am enjoying watching the moon (the red is actually leaves as I was parked under a tree, why they are red I do not know, maybe glare from the stoplight):

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

She came out and we figured since we were already down there, we would swing by and pick Trav up from work. We parked in the back and walked around to the front to people watch and I saw the bike was still there, even tried the combination to see if it was my bike (well, the one I bought for Jody to use) and it was. I had left my phone in the car and so we decided to grab the bike and put it in the car and grab the phone since he always calls to say he is heading home. Then we went back around the front and forgot to people watch as we talked about our day.

I was mid sentence and I realize Trav is standing there, priceless look on his face (like mom is gonna kill me, I lost another bike LOL), hands on his hips, trying to figure out WTF happened to the bike. Then he turned around (he was going back inside to call, LOL) when he saw us sitting there. Wish I had taken a picture of that, but I didn't realize he had come out and the moment was lost. It was good though. He was happy to see us but still puzzling over the bike but only for about 10 seconds because Jody told him we were expiditing the getting out of there process. Normally he grabs the bike, goes back in to call me and then takes off out the back door. When he explained this (since he hadn't called yet) I was glad I had seen him but in a way it might have been fun to mess with him. I am evil.

We got home, I showered while Jody used the computer and now I am almost done with it myself. We are planning on going to Shark's Cove to snorkel tomorrow and it is almost 2 am again so we'll see what time we get up and where we actually go :D

Love love to you all......

2 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Hi Chris, I'm glad you had a good day. I'd love to see the coloring when you're done with it. Did you get pics from Shark's Cove?
*smooches*

8:39 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Hi Tab, I wish I had the poster but they used it at the games yesterday and I don't work until this afternoon, but I will ask what became of it. We never made it to Shark's Cove, or even the beach, I'll blog in a bit and tell you all about it :D
*smooches*

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home