Hullo?
I seem to have lost track of time again, not so much in the minutes or hours but the days. And though I am somewhat of a gambler and therefore willing to confess it may just be an odd coincidence that it began when I stopped hitting "post" on my blog everyday, I would still put my money on that theory.
But then again, being awakened by 2 large male cats screaming at each other, ready to do battle, at 6:30 in the morning (when you are clearly not a morning person), would confuse the hardiest of souls, don'tcha think? Or maybe it's just me. After yelling at them to knock it off didn't work, I stumbled to the living room, where the only clock with large enough numbers for a sleepy person to see is located, to check on the ungodly hour said cats thought I should be up, I see my Nalo in the hallway and the stray cat sitting at the entry to that hallway, clearly disagreeing about whether or not the stray cat should be trying to get anywhere near the food in the kitchen. I walked with the stray to the front door and pointed the direction out and then shut the door.
Settled back in to my warm, cozy bed and was once again in blessed slumber, when there is a pounding at the front door. I ignore it. But it gets more urgent and not wanting to wake Jody or the dead, I once again stumble to the door, peek out the window and see Trav standing there with the note I left yesterday for him. I debated not answering but figured he wouldn't let me get back to my dreams if I didn't, so I opened the window and said "what"? He asked what this shit is about and I said it was self explanitory and as his volume rose in arguement, I opened the door and returned to bed.
Got up a couple hours later and wondered what was up with the universe wanting me up so early anyway? So be it, I need to do laundry anyway. But do I start it right away? No, of course not, I got on my pc, worked on part 2 of my PN for the competition and didn't start the laundry until noon. Now mind you, I have never won anything in the competition, but it doesn't matter. The therapy I get from playing with the graphics is my reward. But I did get the laundry done and hung back in the closet just at the exact time I needed to leave for work.
Work was slow, sorta, or maybe I should say steady but not busy. And I didn't get stiffed at all tonight, even though I thought I did better than I actually did, I was content that it went fairly smoothly, even to the lady who had to wait for an hour and a half because we had the wrong phone number. And she was in the projects and still tipped 2 bucks and was not testy or anything. God bless her anyway.
The only pic I managed to get doesn't really do justice to what I was seeing, but I did have my sunglasses on so it looked more colorful, the rainbow through the left tip of the cloud:

If I tip my head to the left, I swear it almost looks like a horse with it's head out, tail up and maybe a tad sway backed. The clouds were amazing today and though I saw one that looked like a wolf face, I couldn't get in a good enough place to take a pic. When I was stopped at stop signs and red lights, there were always trees obscuring it and I couldn't do it while actually driving, and then it was gone. I was in the store during the sunset so I didn't get to see how beautiful that was either. Oh well, there will be more.
Got home and worked more on the story until Jody came home, then hung out with her in the kitchen for awhile before she jumped on the computer and I started doing some postcards. Gosh, I used to send about 50 of them a week, mostly to OT peeps, like clockwork and then poverty hit me when my DS walked in the door. That boy has got to go. I got a couple dozen addressed, stamped and wrote about 1/2 of those out before I got back on the puter since Jody was done and I wasn't.
There you have my day. It is Thursday right?
Love love to you all.......


2 Comments:
Dam Chris, I'm glad to see you're putting him out. It's the hardest thing for a parent to do but my parents had to do it twice and both my brothers are the better for it. I hope you gave him notice and got it notarized cause I imagine they probably have some process there like they do here that requires you to give ample notice since he has a reasonable expectation to live there whether he pays or not. Doesn't that suck. I've been there, three times and once I wrote the eviction notices that was the end.
Hope it all gets better when he's gone. Sorry to have to say that about your son.
Chris, I have to agree with Steve here. You were never so down until Travis came there to live. I think your relationship will stand a better chance of being salvaged once there is some distance between you.
Sorry you are going through this!
{hugs}
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home