Spring cleaning
I have used today well so far. I slept in late--best.sleep.ever. Then I had a goal to purge alot of unused "stuff" in my meager attempt to locate a simple piece of paper whose whereabouts have been a mystery to me but that I felt a real need to get my hands on. I now have a 1/2 empty bedroom closet that had nothing to do with the paper, it just seemed an easier place to start with the "out with the old" mission I was embarking on. I clean my closet a couple times a year, but I hang on to some things for purely sentimental reasons. Today many of those sentiments went right out with the huge box of clothes and a pretty bathroom scale that had issues (digital is good unless you step on it, then it gets confused).
I then moved on to my desk area, also organized a few months ago, and decided I had no need to keep so much paper in the area. Old bills (they're paid so I don't really need them do I?) and magazines I always intended to look at from 5 years ago. And I gotta tell ya, those flexbags for trash really do flex ;-) Who knew? And I found some other things I forgot I had there as well as my Sensually Yours creditback card. This, after I had already pitched all my receipts and didn't feel like digging in the big bag of trash for them. Oh well, now I have it in my wallet again where it belongs.
Why have I stopped while I am on a roll, you may ask? Truthfully, I was overtaken by a coughing fit from the dust under my desk (color me bad) and thought I'd take a little break, have a cup of coffee and a smoke and share a bit TMI. And Oprah is on, lol, making dreams come true. Something I aspire to do myself. Let the change I wish to see in the world begin with me.
I am back again from more sorting and tossing and have yet to find the paper I was searching for but I know it's here somewhere. I am not concerned. And I am not done yet. With the cleaning, or the internal stuff I am cleaning out with the material stuff. It's been good so far. I should be able to finish up with every room by tomorrow and have everything in order as I want it. Mostly in a condition to be able to pack each room in 30 minutes or less. I can do it :-) It's good to have a goal.
Not a bad way to spend the middle of the week, all in all. More later, love love to you all........


3 Comments:
You got me inspired, Chrissy! I just started weeding out our file cabinet so we can start using it for *gasp* important things. We have enough of a filing system, but too much stuff in it.
Thanks for the inspiration!
I am happy I am able to inspire others :-) I can remember the last time I saw the file that the paper I seek is in, but I can't remember where I put the silly thing. It was actually a file that I had all my paperwork and grandkids' drawings in from my vacation last year.
And this idea, like so many great inspirations, came while I was in the bathroom. It is my retreat, small, whimsically decorated and comforting. And the idea hit me "how long would it take to pack this room?", not long really but then my mind drifted to the other rooms and my spring cleaning began a few weeks ago. Then I realized I needed the piece of paper in question and it began in earnest yesterday.
I have learned that in order to make room in our life for more good things, we have to get rid of old things that are taking up the space. Not just material things but also thoughts, feelings and behaviors that do not serve us. Sorry, didn't mean to go all philosophical.
Now I have to go finish my paper searching task....good luck with your file cleaning. *smooch*
Just popping in to say I missed you! I'm trying to catch up with everything I've missed while computerless.
Please take care of yourself, honey! Love you, girly!
Stephie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home