Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A name for the pain

Not a name exactly but the reason behind the excruciating back pain that has hindered me since my accident last month. The x-rays the doctor took today showed compound fractures and he will be doing the MRI thing on Monday so that he can see better if it is 2 or 3 fractures since the xrays didn't show clearly how many there actually are. It took this long for me to find a doctor and I only found him because one of my customers refered me to him. Thank God for that. I have been missing alot of work because the pain was getting to the point I couldn't move and breathing was a challenge. And sneezes and hiccups? OMFG it feels like I am being cushed by a bear.

This is also the reason I have yet to mail the packages I keep promising I'll get to soon and I am really sorry about that. They are still safely tucked under the tree, which is still up because I can't take it down until I can get a pain free day. Which isn't likely soon. It is also the reason I haven't been online lately. There ya have it.

Until later, love love to you all......

7 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

A very gentle #hug#. Hope your pain goes away soon!

BTW, I'm a couple time zones closer to you for the moment, at my ILs' in Reno.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thanks Cyg, I appreciate the *hug* and everybody at work seems to want to try to hug me when I am there but it has been too painful to even be touched at all. I am taking time off because the meds the doc gave me keep me pretty well sedated (funny story there, give me a minute and I'll share that, too) and it is impossible to drive under their influence.

Now the funny (well it's funny to me but I'm under the influence and most things seem funny to me) story: I was in agony earlier this week at work and while they were doing my check out at the end of the day I was singing that Ramones tune "I wanna be sedated" and totally relating to wanting to be sedated. Now I am most of the time. Careful what you ask for!

Now the rock and the hard place: I talked to the insurance lady handling my medical claim and told her the doc didn't want me working and the insurance would cover lost wages. She said I didn't have that as part of my coverage and I couldn't comprehend why and was told that my premiums would be higher had I chosen that option. Well DUH. But I was not offered that option and so I said "what do you recommend I do?" and she said it would be up to me and my priorities. Shit she was no help. If I don't work I can't pay the bills and I lose everything and if I do work the other insurance company will claim working made the injury worse and try not to pay. HFS, what to do, what to do?

Sorry, didn't mean to carry on like that but I am more than a little frustrated.

I'm happy you and LC are closer to me right now (even if only in time zones)and wish you were here even tho I might be a lousy hostess at the moment.

Until later *Smooches*

3:52 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Hiya Woe! Nice to see you posting on OT once in a while. Now if we could only get you to update more...lol.

Hope all is well over there.

*smooches*

11:05 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Awwww MM I lvoe you. I'll try to update tomorrow but I haven't been because I didn't want to just complain about my pain and that has pretty much been my life the past month and a half.

*smooches* to you sweety

11:22 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Happy Birthday Woe! (is it still your birthday?)

*smooch*

12:01 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thank you Tabitha and yes it was still my birthday here when you posted this.

Carp I really need to update don't I? Now that I am a year closer to being a senior citizen and all those senior perks and all.....lol. But I could stand to live without the arthritis and brittle bones. *sigh*

*smooch*

2:21 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I'm so glad you found a good doctor to help you! I hope you feel better soon!

And I'm very excited to meet you in July!!!!!!!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home