Sunday, October 29, 2006

Aloha again

I am on the mend from my deep dark place and have had a couple of really pleasant days. I got a call from McYummy yesterday morning which made the day go really well. We were slammed at work all day and in the morning the mall had the trick or treat stuff going on so parking was impossible but I took it all in stride thinking about my earlier phone call. I know Tab will be delighted to hear this ;-)

Later in the day one of my local friends called to see if we could get together and I haven't seen her in awhile so I agreed it would be nice. So today we went to one of the dollar movies (The Wicker Man, which thouroughly confused me until the very end) and then we had an early dinner at Stewart Andersons. Tammy has taken me out so many times and I never have money to treat her when we get together so I used one of my gift cards from this summer to treat her this time. We are planning on doing a day cruise next weekend since she will be moving back to the mainland in a couple months, just trying to get in some time together before she goes.

I got an e-mail from the govenor on Friday, surprised the hell out of me, and she looked into my problem and stated that on Monday my paperwork was sent on to fiscal to have a check cut so I should see it within 2 weeks from that date, so another week and I should be square again. I didn't win the millions yet but I did have 3 numbers so that was 35 bucks and ya know 35 bucks is 35 bucks (or 14 more chances to bring home the millions) and so I feel perhaps my bad juju is changing for the better.

I got an e-mail today from Heidi (Travis' new woman and mother to Lilly) and she sent me this for a good laugh:

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo
toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.
Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she report for
her first day promptly at 8am. The next day at 8:45am there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee.

He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up,
putting the entire production line behind schedule. The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me
Elmo's. She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small
marbles. The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric,
wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package
between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of
hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena. "I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, "but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday....Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles."

How cute is that? Well, until later, love love to you all....

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Ladycub and I thought about you last night as we were watching the PBS show Nature, which was about ""Violent Hawaii."

We soooo need to come back.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

I agrre that you sooo need to return-any plans to do so in the next year? I love company.

Today I got a call from my brother who was at the airport and so I went and picked him up and had lunch before dropping him off at his place. That was nice, considering today would have been our dads 91st birthday if he were still among us. At least a couple of his kids got to get together.

I am trying to pull myself off of the couch (and computer) to go bake something for Halloween for the PH crew, without alot of success so far, but I'm working on it ;-)

Cool link, thank you very much. Interesting that the more violent nature is here, the more land we gain for Trump to build on...don't get me started.....sorry.

I am thinking about getting more involved in politics--me, miss non political. But that is another story for another time.

Love, love to ya

6:27 PM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*snort* Cute joke!

I'm greatly impressed that you got an email from the governor!

Glad you are doing well. Sorry I've been neglectful in popping over here. *smooch*

8:54 AM  
Blogger mm said...

Hey! What did he say? Why did he call? You can't leave a cliffhanger like that! ;-)

*smooch*

12:56 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Kim, I also got an e-mail from my boss over at the state who was amused by the governor's inquiry and that someone has to answer to her regarding my complaint (he really has always been on my side and continues to make a stink over the whole situation on my behalf) but she will get my vote next week at the polls.

I have been somewhat of a slacker myself, not so much about reading the blogs but in writing my own or answering in others'. No worries hon.

Tab--heh, heh, heh...........

okay, okay, details are forthcoming later today since you asked but I have some errands to run now.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home