Tuesday, October 10, 2006

As promised yesterday

I know I said I would post last night but since no one has been here it's not like it was missed.

God bless Columbus

I had the hardest time getting up this morning, even hitting the snooze button, which I never do, and even moving as slow as I was I still made it to work on time. It’s almost like time stood still or something. And it hasn’t been moving all that fast since I got here. But Monday is a holiday of sorts and so I salute Columbus for getting busy and sailing that ocean blue in 1492, thereby giving me a day off from the state job and allowing me a day to work at PH for real money.

I have frittered away most of the day now and guess it is time for the vacation tales to commence yet again. I think I left off on the Friday night mixer and when that was over a lot of the peeps weren’t ready to go home and break it up just because our time at the Elks was over so we headed a block over to the nearest bar and hung out for awhile and when at last we left that bar my hosts wanted to go out for breakfast so we went in search of anything open for said breakfast at 2 in the morning and the only thing open at that hour was the waffle house. We had fun playing with the young staff there and laughing so hard there were nearly episodes of beverages out noses.

Saturday night was the dinner dance and this time we were going to be upstairs so we spent the day decorating that and shopping for “prizes” for some giveaways that evening. And while we were at Wal-Mart I got me some more Stokes Green Chile to take home. Then we all showered and got ready to go for a second night of fun. I sat and manned the entry table again and guided people to where the bar and restrooms were. I spent a little time outside smoking with my smoking pals, one of them who lives here on the islands (in Kauai), and getting connected again.

Then it was upstairs for dinner and before the dancing began they were giving door prizes for the most grandkids (I tied on this one with one of my best friends but let her have it since I won the one for), traveled the farthest, who changed the most and who didn’t change at all. I ended up with this really awesome stadium blanket, made from sweat shirt material, that had the Loveland Indians logo (our sports teams’ name) on it. Then the dancing began and the band was okay but all of us smokers headed outside again until I heard them calling numbers for the drawings, so I dashed back in. I came so close so many times and figured I wouldn’t win but before the night was over, but towards the end of the giveaways, on the last cash gift, I got to do the screaming happy dance all the way across the stage to collect my 50 bucks.

And the best part of the night hadn’t even happened yet. Having been seen (and heard) by the yummy man who I wanted to bring home with me, I was sitting at my table talking to another school chum when he surfaced to my right. I was aware someone was there but didn’t want to interrupt the girls conversation as we were in the middle of a very deep discussion, so I stuck one finger up (like to say “just a minute) and when she finished her thought I looked up into that handsome face and said grab a chair. We started talking and in one conversation about his horses and my statement that I was afraid of them, he took my hand and said something about how they can feel the fear through your hands and I can tell you right now that fear was NOT what I was feeling at that moment. Tingling in all the right places, yes, fear, not at all. The gang had planned a different bar for after hours that night so he asked if I was going. I said I had to as designated driver and he said he would go too. This time it was a quieter place and more conducive to more intimate chit chat. And I will have to leave it on this happy note for the day since I have to stock before I dash off to work at PH. More vacation tales on Wednesday since I won’t be here on Monday with tons of time to write, but don’t give up on me.

Until later, love love to you all…….

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Wow, Chrissy! Sounds like a neat encounter with Mr. McYummy!

(I'm here, I'm reading...)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

LOL Cyg, it was a fascinating encounter and I like the title "Mr. McYummy" :D

Bless your heart for being here, I needed someone to be here for me, Thank You!!!

*smooch*

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home