Today? I'm the hydrant
Other days I guess I am the dog. And I think I have a screw loose or I am at least karmically challenged.
So I spent a big chunk of my day yesterday at work writing about my vacation adventures and saved the 1500 word thing to disc and when I took the disc home and put it in my desktop and went to copy it into my blog, the darn thing opened in Word just fine, I thought, until I looked half way down the story and realized the whole second page was in some weird hieroglyphic code. Well crap. I brought the disc back to work with me to see if I could open it here on my laptop and the stupid thing won’t even open here. Some strange glitch and the technicians here in the building are looking at the disc to see what the deal is and no doubt enjoying my stories. Good thing I erased all the old files with the erotic stuff from that disc. Or maybe the ghost of the eroticism is what is causing the strange code.
Anyway, I have been too frustrated to try writing it all again today and am hoping it can be salvaged so I’ll wait until tomorrow. Part of this is due to the fact that I am kicking my own ass today and rather despondent about it. Kicking my ass because I didn’t save it to my laptop so I could try a different disc. And because I took this job in the first place when I knew my government was not reliable where finances are concerned. My only hope is that I have all the numbers for tonight’s powerball drawing and become a millionaire and don’t have to sweat the bills anymore. What? It could happen. On what planet you ask? With any luck or blessing at all, this one.
And now the day is almost over and I am thankful for that since I am somewhat sick of this place for the day. It really isn’t so bad, just boring and frustrating doing it for no money because some idjut fucked up and left my paperwork sitting on a desk where it has done no good in getting a check to me. Can I talk everyone in America into sending me a dollar? That would help. A LOT :D
Judging from the fact that this disc opened and let me have access to todays writing, me thinks the other disc was somehow corrupted. And I dragged my laptop home just in case. Another notch on the side of being a hydrant. Go figure.
Until tomorrow, love love to you all......


2 Comments:
I may not have a dollar, but how's about a few Bazooka Joe comics? :-D
Why thank you, I'd love some comics. Me thinks it is to lighten my mood but I'd take mail from you anyday anyway. *smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home