The story behind "Chrissy Day"
It started on Tuesday when I went to work. My first delivery netted me a 24$ tip and I proclaimed it "Chrissy day" in my excitement over such a lovely tip to start the day. The next one was a 20$ tip and though that was the end of the 20and over tips for the day, there was a 10$ one in there and at the end of the day I was not concerned with all the bills that are due the first of the month. It was like the world was in love with me that day, how awesome is that?
Wednesday I was running a tad behind but I was on my way to work when they called to ask if I was on my way as there was a huge order waiting for me. And it was a HUGE order. To Tripler, where I love going. It took a little time to find my party but when I did, I got a 30$ tip!!! Color me happy and call it "Chrissy day" again. What a wonderful way to start the day.
Okay, so yesterday was not as profitable since it was slow for a Thursday, but since I was off on time I decide to head to the mall for fish food for the new baby Oscar (whom I have dubbed "Buddy") I got last week or whenever it was. Since I was in need of a couple things I stopped in at Sears while I was at the mall, too, and made the mistake of walking into the tool section. I LOVE tools. And I really did need that ratchet set I bought, I swear I did. But that is beside the point.
Since I was in the vicinity, I stopped at Fischer Hawaii (it's like a huge wharehouse that sells office & restaurant supplies) to pick up some new big clips (to hold all my reciepts and money together) since I have lost mine along the way over time. And I got some of those cool foam things that you slide on your pen to make it more cushy. And, firmly believing that every girl needs a good Cross pen, I found one of those on sale, too.
Tickled with my purchases, I headed towards home but I got hung up in traffic so I pulled in at the Salvation Army to browse around and wait it out. I was in need of an iron for those rare occassions when I find the need for one and found a really nice Black and Decker for 2.50, what a score! And a rice cooker for 3.50! Who knew I would stumble in on a huge sale day? I found a few other things, including a James Herriot book "Dog Stories" and by the time I was finished I had spent 17$ and it was then that I realized that all three places I had shopped , I had left 17$ in each place. Weird. I mean really, what are the odds?
Okay so my happiness was disturbed when Rosemary (the lady downstairs) decided to move this fellow into her house last night (not that I mind so much if she has a housemate)and has him parking right outside my front door. This is disturbing on many levels. The main one being that I am not allowed to park there. And he commenced to start moving in at 9:30 last night so I had to listen to his car door opening and closing until 1:30 in the morning. AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I almost gave him my can of WD40. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed until after 2:30 since I decide to do some maintenaance on my puter as I was up anyway. It just took a while to finish even after all his door slamming. Shit, had I known that there was even a hint of a possibily of even renting that spot for parking, I woulda nailed it already.
So I slept really late today and when I woke the world was all dark and stinking rotten. And then the cat rolled off of my face and I realized it was sunny, LOL. I layed and dozed for an extra couple hours since Liwa was in such a cuddly mood. Granted, she has to be on my lap whenever I am home, but she likes sleeping up on the storage bins in my room where she can look out the windows and catch the breeze.
Now I must get some stuff done before work but I'll be back on Sundays with vacation tales, really, I will get to it.
Until later, love love to you all......


3 Comments:
Well this was a newsy blogging. Good to see you! How lucky to get all those nice tips!
I hadn't thought of it as a newsy blogging, but you are right, it really was. Of course, since then I have been slacking badly and my schedule is about to double on the chaos scale, but it's all good.
The tips have been good lately and what a blessing! Good to see you pop in, too, I do read the blogs every few days when I have an hour or two but I don't take the time to comment for fear I won't get everybody's blogs read. I really do want to get to my vacation tales but am having a hard time getting to them. Maybe a little bit here and there soon.
Hi Chris,
Just wanted to pop in and let you know I was thinking of you. Hope all is well.
*smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home