Random and senseless
Given that it is almost 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep for thinking, of these words and why they came up for me when I went to bed, I shall give you what google gave me:
Meaning of random (adjective)
without definite purpose, plan, or aim; haphazard
senseless
adj
1. Unconscious.
Thesaurus: unconscious, comatose, anesthetized, paralysed, anoxic, numb, out cold (slang); Antonym: responsive, conscious, sentient.
2. Unwise; without good sense or foolish. Also as adverb.
Example: He was beaten senseless
Thesaurus: illogical, nonsensical, stupid, ridiculous, silly, foolish, inane, moronic, simple; Antonym: wise, sensible, rational.
I am going to venture that the first meaning of senseless doesn't apply to me here since I wish I was "out cold" at the moment and not sitting here babbling.
The reason this came up for me in the first place was because I was thinking about my mom. And how on earth I can feel such overwhelming compassion for her when she never showed any to me. Okay, I am a humanitarian at heart and I can't help myself. Which lead me to thinking about my one of my best friends from years ago and her bumper sticker that said "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty" and then I began to ponder what the definitions to these words really was and here I am.
After returning from my nice long vacation, I returned to work and even started doing some temp work for Crazy Shirts again, but then with the toll it took on my knee and the e-mail from my state boss with the good news of a nice long project for me, I opted out of the temp job (perhaps a little too quickly) and am just doing a sabbatical kinda thing this week while I wait for all the details on the state thing, which should begin in earnest on Monday.
Okay, now that this is all out of my head, I am going to bid you a good night (or morning as the case seems to be) and fill you in on the vacation later today when I get up. I have no other plan than to add to this today, except for some pesky errands I must run at some point, but I will return.
Until later today, love love to you all.....
P.S. Sorry I didn't get around to replying to any of the comments, but thank you all for them, even though I am late in saying so.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home