Monday, June 05, 2006

Thank you friends

I am sorry for being a bloggy slacker and as much as I would love to be able to say I have been far too busy to get on the computer, the awful truth is I had plenty of time but nothing to report. Sometimes I am the social butterfly and other times I revert to its childlike state and become the cocoon. The past month has been the cocoon and I apologize if I caused any concern. I do appreciate those of you who dropped in, very much, in fact, to check on my antics and found nothing new.

In reality, the scary part is that since the spider episode, nothing very exciting has happened, nor have I done anything worth telling. I think I may be going through my mid-life crisis. I would prefer to believe that than to think I may be mentally ill. Try as I might, I couldn't find my "happy place" during this stressful time and I tried really hard to find it. But sadness was the order of most days and I figured nobody wanted to hear about that so I chose to stay completely away from my computer altogether. Okay, I confess, I would try to check my e-mail once a week, but with the amount of mail I would find when opening it, it overwhelmed me and I would close it.

When Virgil told me he was leaving the island for school I was disappointed but I was happy for him and even though it would drop my income by more than half, I knew I would get by okay until Mike said he was moving out and my rent was to go up. I was sad to see him go but happy for him at the same time. But then PH dropped my hours the same week and I kinda lost it and shut down mentally. Spent my first 2 weeks of off time with my nose in a book and finished the whole series of Vince Flynn books. Then a week of catching up on all the stuff I recorded on my Tivo like cable box. Then a cleaning spree. Then a pleading and begging for hours at PH thing. All while trying to get my teeth fixed and juggle that with trying to get more hours. My teeth still are not finished and I will get them done when I return from vacation but I do have more hours at PH and hopefully Virgil will be back in July for the 2 weeks before I leave like he said and everything will be okay.

I seriously debated even going on my vacation because I had to use my savings to take care of the bills and I hate going anywhere and being at the mercy of my hosts to provide for me--food, rides, whatever and I have never been good at asking for help, even when I truly need it. Maybe it was the Counting Crows tickets that ate a big chunk of my savings but I thought I could make it up at work. What the fuck was I thinking? Oh, yeah, I was thinking "what are the odds that CC would be in New Hampshire at the same time I would be on that particular side of the mainland?" and " you can't slap fate in the face when it presents itself that way, just go!". And since all the tickets are paid for and non-refundable, on vacation I will go next month.

And on that upbeat note, I will share this story that my (state job) boss sent to me with you:

The following is an actual question given on a chemistry mid term.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared
it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now
have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic
(absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law
(gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some
variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So
we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the
rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that
once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are
leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different
religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state
that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do
not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go
to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the
number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the
rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in
order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the
volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls
enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase
until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls
in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes
over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman
year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and
take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number
two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has
already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it
follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore,
extinct ......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a
divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my
God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"


Until later, love love to you all...........

7 Comments:

Blogger mysticwolf said...

I am so sorry that you're going through a bad patch. My bad patch continues, which is why I haven't been a frequent visitor, or poster, to blogs - mine, or others, lately.

I did see that you visited mine. *grin* That was a special day for me.

And, I must say, I loved your Hell exam question/answer. It made me laugh, and we all need to do more of that. If you visit me again, I think I have at least one post since you last visited that will make you laugh, too. And, I promise, I'll post my other favorite Orangutan story tomorrow. I think you'll like it.

I'll try to visit more often. I think of you every single day when I see that beautiful puzzle framed and mounted on the wall. That makes me feel good.

I also think of you when I see my sad Ti plant. The terrorist kittens chewed off the leaves. I moved it to our bedroom when it got warm enough, & it has great continuing root growth, but no leaves in site. I think it's dying. (And, until they ate the leaves, it was doing so well.) I warned you that I was a plant killer. :-(

Hope things are turning around for you. Love, love, to you, as well.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement Jill, it means alot to me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you as well and often I debate calling you but I tend to stay off the phone too when I am in my funk.

About your ti plant, when mine got aphids I just snapped the leaf clusters off from the main stem, kept water in there and they grew back better than ever. Maybe that would work for yours, too.

I was talking to my favorite bank teller today and we decided we are just going through the menopausal shit because she has been feeling the same as me. Knowing I wasn't going slowly insane and I can call and talk to her made me feel a little better.

I even went out tonight to meet my housemate to catch a movie. We saw Over the Hedge. What a great flick. I laughed so hard a few times and some of the statements took a second to sneak up on my brain but it was a nice night out.

I will try to get to the blogs tomorrow and catch up with all you fine peeps and I need to get ahold of Breezy since she will be coming this way in a few short weeks. Something to look forward to, such a blessing.

Love love back to you. I adore you, ya know?

3:57 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Chris!!! I've missed you. So sorry you've been in a funk. :(

I think those tickets are definitely a fate thing. You must go. It will all work out in the end. That's what I always tell myself.

That chemistry exam story is hilarious! :)

4:59 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Hi my dear!
I'm sorry you've been in a yucky mood.

I think you'll have a fantastic vacation that may give you a new reason to smile & have some good energy. Don't feel bad about relying on your hosts a bit. If they are like me, they like to feed people. :-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Nutzy, I have missed you and thought often of you even though I have been offline and out of whack.

I did get the tickets for the CC before they went on sale to the public (it pays to be a fan *big grin*) and will be in the center of row 18. Can't beat that with a stick, lol. I am looking forward to it.

Thank you for always being there for me ;-)

Kim, my dear, as always you cheer me up. I always have something to smile about, just sometimes I have a hard time seeing it.

I know I love to feed and pamper my guests, too, I just have a hard time with not being able to take care of my own needs when I am away from home. I am going to try to be okay with it and enjoy my time while I am on my trip though.

*smooch*

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

Woe, it's good that you pulled back and read. That's what I do when the world becomes too much.

I used to have lows and highs, and pretty much enjoyed the highs. But after reading your post realized that since Dbf came into my life I've been more consistently even. He thinks this eveness is boring. But, as of last night I realize that he is capable of throwing me into a low that I don't want to visit.

I agree with Nutz that you must take this trip, fate has pulled you to the mainland.

I loved the student story. Made me gigglesnort.

I'll be away for a while with surgery so let me wish you a wonderful vacation. Checking in with friends will be good.

*smooch*

6:21 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Lasann, thank you for always saying the right thing to make me feel better about my choices when I am doubting myself. "Normally" I feel brief seconds of panic and anxiety among mostly moments of clarity but lately it seems reversed and is making me feel a lot of self doubt.

I hope your surgurey goes well and you recover quickly. See you when we both are back. *smooch*

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home