Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sometimes......

I even amaze myself. And I do apologize for not updating as soon as I had planned but I have been a little out of touch and stayed away from my puter because:

I found out 2 weeks ago that Virgil would be going to the mainland until November. I knew he was planning on going this week for a conference when he told me a couple months ago. But he got accepted to TBC (A training center for the blind and quite a big thing) and I had little notice that my income would be dropping exponentially. I am bummed, of course, but optimistic since I still have PH and I should be okay financially with that. But nooooo.... they cut my hours. Still thinking that everything will be hunky dory, I am thankful for housemates because I am not going to sink like a stone and have time to figure something out.

Then 2 days ago Mike tells me he is moving on the 1st. Mentally I just shut down and couldn't immediately be supportive of this wonderful opportunity he had to teach full time, housing included for free, and said instead "I just can't get a fucking break this month". Wrong, I know, but that news just overwhelmed me with rent due a week from now. I did feel bad about it and got a congrats card for him and apologized for my lack of being thrilled and knew that neither he nor Virgil took great opportunities that came unexpectedly just to hurt me. Sure, sometimes I take things personally as they affect me but understand it isn't personal after the fact. He understood how I felt and we are cool but I will miss him and not just for the finances. He has been an awesome addition to the house and I will miss his laughter and passion for life.

And yet, I still have this underlying feeling that everything is going to be okay. Sure, the triple blows hit me hard and I keep looking for the window (the one God opens when he closes a door or three) but deep down I feel there is something better in store for me. I may have to use my savings for the bills and not my vacation but at least my tickets are paid for. Silver lining and all......

So I am thinking of extending my vacation :D Becasue I have high hopes for wonderful things to happen. Some would call it faith, others would call it insanity. But tell me, honestly, do you believe in miracles? And if you want my response to that question, just ask.

Besides, what are the odds that Counting Crows would be in New Hampshire at the same time I am planning on being there? With the Goo Goo Dolls no less. And I will find the means to secure tickets, oh yes I will. How's that for optimism? Yep, everything is going to be just fine.

Until later, love love to you all......

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

My philosophy is: Everything happens for a reason and once we get through the tough spots, it will all become clear! Chin up!

4:21 AM  
Blogger mm said...

*sigh*

I'm so sorry that this is all happening right now. I always laugh and remind DH "when it rains, it pours", because things do tend to happen in clumps like that. Your optimism will get you through it.

{{hugs}}

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Nutz, I agree with you and I didn't intend to sound like my chin was dragging the floor. I really do feel deep down that everything will be okay. I was thinking I would extend my vacation since I was told that if Jody was too busy that I would be welcome in Jersey and it seemed fitting to spend a day there. Are you still game? *smooch*

MM, Thanks for the hugs, always welcome no matter what the circumstances ;-) I tend to think I am optimistic most of the time, though I have my moments where I don't shine as bright. *smooch*

And since no one asked if I believe in miracles and it wasn't a rhetorical question, the answer is no, I RELY on them.

12:02 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*hops* Really? Yay!! You are always welcome here!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Nutzy, Yes, really! Jody said she didn't just grin when she read this news but she was hopping around the room with joy and of course she would make time for me :D I never doubted this but wasn't sure what she was planning to do with her summer.

But since Virgil is gone and I was going to fly out on a weekend to get back to drive him, I figured I could just leave a couple days later since he isn't even here. I'll red flaggy you when I get home from work tonight.

Thank you! *smooch*

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I don't believe in miracles but I also believe that everything happens for a reason. And lately once a process is started (selling my house) I don't change it as there was a reason I'm here at this time.

Yesss, you need the visit to the mainland and it will all work out.

Is this trip in July?

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home