Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I am just stunned

There is no other word to describe it. My brother didn't forget the cruise at all, I was just on a different page than he was. I was thinking Sunday since I am off all day but he had other things going on that day. We went to lunch at Bubba Gumps yesterday with an old friend, Orland. I stayed at his house for a few months after I got here and never wanted to leave since he is so adorable and we are so alike, but he needed the space when his son came home from the Phillipines. Anyway, we had a wonderful time and here is one pic to prove it:




When we were getting ready to leave and I was chatting with Orland, Rich was scribbling on a little piece of paper. He hands me the paper with a name and number on it and says "when you get ready to book your trip to your H.S. reunion, call my travel agent and I'll treat you to it"....... OMG!!!!! I was a blathering idiot, in tears, off and on, for hours, I was so touched. WOW! So stunned it the right word.

I got more pics of the grandkids (the 3 oldest from that guy who was once my son before he said I was dead to him) that they took at Chuck E Cheese, they are black and white and the big ones are drawings but absolutely gorgeous. That Gen is my best friend (inside the family, along with my daughter of course) and so fun to talk to and laugh with. I wish she was here. *sigh* But I am going to go see her and the kids this summer when I take my trip.

Today I am going to do some baking--banana bread and maybe some cookies. I am hungry for deviled eggs, too, for some reason. Gotta go clean the kitchen some more (there is one corner where things just get stored but I really want that corner empty since I bought a washer and dryer last week and the HUGE kitchen is now seeming a tad crowded) and put my eggs on to boil. Plus, Mikes girlfriend is coming in on Friday and I don't want the kitchen looking like it does.

So, until later.. Love love to you all........

5 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Wow! What a great gift from your brother. Cute pic, too. :)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

It was the most awesome gift! I am still in amazement. It makes getting over to the mainland and some other places I want to visit there so much easier. The biggest chunk of money is getting to the mainalnd and back--the flights on the mainland are so much more affordable. (did that make sense to anyone but me?)

That pic is special since I never had one with Orland or even of him until now. Thank you!

*smooch*

11:02 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Just wanted to stop in and give you a *smooch*

Mmmm... deviled eggs!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lasann said...

I'm so glad for your gift. I was amazed at how expensive it was to fly from Ohio to Hawaii ($800). I wondered then how people can aford to get back to the mainland.

For some reason it is cheaper to fly to Europe. As a matter of fact I can fly to London for less than flying to Salt Lake City right now. *boggle*

6:37 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Nutz, hello and *smooch* :D

Lasann, it is boggling isn't it? It is cheaper to get here than it is to get from here to there. Not that I am complaining since I love it here, but it would be nice to get back there once in a while.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home