Rambling
Earlier today, while I was going to the post office to pick up the CD that Eric said was there for me, I was thinking about the blogs I visit and the "how we met stories" and debating on sharing my own about me and DH. Then I got my CD open and discovered, to my surprise, that it was Talking Heads "Little Creatures" and as I jammed to it I thought I might post with a title such as "Another reason I loved the eighties" because I do so love the music from that era and I married my soul mate during that time.
Then I came home and baked a short ton of the anise cookies that grandma E. use to make and send to us kids. And I don't recall if I shared here how much a PITA they are to make or how I realized how much she loved us to make the PITA cookies or how I used a recipe that called for the anise extract and not the 2 days-in-the-making- with real anise seed that she used. Todays were quite good though because I used cream as it called for and not whipped cream like last time (because that is all I had the other day) and since I quadrupled the recipe, I baked for quite a long while.
During the time while the cookies were being made and the laundry was going, I got a wonderful phone call from Jody. As you all know I dearly love her. She got the last package of goodies I sent last night and said the cookies were good but not to send more since she would not be able to control herself and end up weighting a thousand pounds. I put a box together for my grandkids and one for Mike, I miss that man so much, and decided that I would send Jody a box, too. It went with a letter that started out like this:
You must forgive me for sending these and I know you said “no, no, no” but there was “no, god, please, no” in your voice (LOL) but we know that I am all about “me” and will do that which I choose because of that innate quality that allows me to live, like a 2 year old, in the moment. Ever see a 2 year old NOT do what they choose to do at any given second? Or one who stops to ponder a decision? Of course this would explain my shiny objects distraction(s) and the down side is those horrible tantrums on rare occasions that no one likes to see, but for the most part, following my heart is part of what makes me “me” and a great deal of my charm and ability to “rock”.
There is no law (not even a “Chrissy law”) that would prevent you from taking them to class, or to the clinic or even to feed them to the dog downstairs should he piss you off, so know that I did not send them to torture you, but because I love you and Stephen so dearly that it would now feel odd not to send you a care package just because the holidays are over.
In other news, my housemates, our friend Lou and I will be taking a dinner cruise at the end of the month when Mike returns, since I have to work on my birthday, which falls on a Wednesday. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile and since I am working hard and think I am worthy, we will go.
It has been cold here lately and all I want to do is sleep. And I did go back to bed yesterday after the neighbors dog woke me up at 5 when I didn't even have to get up as well as this morning because Virgil called and has the flu so I headed right back under the covers for a couple more hours of snooze time. I do enjoy the chilly weather of winter here and I'm not complaining, it just makes me wanna stay in bed where it feels so warm and cozy.
I must head out early this morning and go mail some goodie boxes as well as pick up a couple of packages that came over the weekend. Have a wonderful day. Until later, love love to you all......


4 Comments:
Hi!
Drive by *smooching*!!!
Howdee. In answer to your question, sure you may link me in your blog! Have a good week!
Howdy! Loved the dolphin puzzle below. Very pretty. Every time I read about puzzles on your blog, I wish I could get one going like we used to at our house when I was a teenager. We'd have a 2000-piece puzzle out on the dining room table and whoever had time would put in a few pieces or whatever.
I have 2 cats and 2 kids now, and that just wouldn't fly. I won't even be able to do that when the kids are grown and gone, because apparently, we're trading the house for a Winnebago and travelling North America. *rolls eyes*
Anyway, *smooch*
Nutz: Hi!!!!! *smooch*
Puffy, thank you for popping in and permission to link you. Will do it soon.
They do make smaller puzzles Seana ;-) lol. I love my big portrait ones though, will have to post the most recent (it glows int the dark!) one soon. Funny thing, Hawaii is in North America, will your Winebago float? lol
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home