Monday, January 02, 2006

One persons "ok, whatever"

Is another persons squeal with delight "SCORE" response. Yes, I am posting for the second day in a row and that may not be cause for celebration for some, but for others it is a great thing. Kinda like my day yesterday.

I headed down to my tobacco store to get my smoking supplies and was given a case of my favorite gum (in the little tiny boxes where you get 2 pieces per box) and of course I left there squealing "score".

Next up is Home Depot for those little latches you put in cupboards to "childproof" them and a little nipple hardening day dreaming (what? hardware stores do that to me, okay?). My cupboards, you see, will open with the slightest breeze and I, being short, am the only one who walks right into them and curses the owwies I recieve. I locate my item and dash for the checkout before temptation strikes me full force into buying some power tools. Just the thought makes my kegals twitch, call me a freak :D

I mosey over to K-Mart, intent on finding the perfect shelving unit for the shoe collection by the front door and find something suitable, as well as a new swiveling head for the kitchen faucet (it's a hardware thing again, I'm uncontrollably drawn there) and depart to meander towards home. But in my avoidance of laundry and cookie baking, I decide to stop at Savers to scope for the ever ellusive NES that I want so bad for no particularly good reason.

I stop at the jewelry counter in front, just looking, and I spy a bag of watches. On my favorite watch, the crystal cover is chipped, so I keep an eye out for a replacement. And lo and behold, there is one in that bag :D I ask for the bag and it is 10 bucks, but hey, I could end up with a few more working watches and I have this fetish......so I buy it and mosey mack to the electronics to survey the area for the NES. No such luck. It hits me that I need to look for something in the front of the store in the housewares section and as I go in that general direction I pass the curtains.

Uh-oh, shiny objects distraction and I forget what was so important at the front of the store. But I find a nice lacey pair of curtains for my living room and they are 1/2 off, "score" at only $4. Moving along I don't get far when I find Cal-King sheets and once again squeal with delight "score". But ain't they purty?

Liwa likey, too:



I eventually make my way to the front of the store, turn down the aisle with the pots and pans and the sifter of my dreams damn near jumped off the shelf at me. I have been looking for one for awhile and they tend to be a tad expensive and while this huge one I got yesterday was 36.00 at the Complete Kitchen when I checked, I got mine for.......... are ya ready for the squeal of delight again? 1.99...oh yeah!! I had everyone amused (and perhaps baffled) while playing with it while waiting in line, color me ecstatic :D

I check out and think "stick a fork in me, I'm done" and immediately drove home to eplore all my new gotten gains. Put the curtains up:



put the shoes up on the shelves I assembled, got the latches on the doors and sat down to investigate my bag of watches. 4 of them worked when I put in a new battery, 2 worked when I just wound them up and the other 6, either I couldn't get the back covers off or couldn't find the batteries of the ones I could. That Betty Boop watch will have to go to Longs me thinks.

All in all I had a really nice new years day, no football, "score" after "score" and that feeling that this is going to be an awesomely banner year. I can live with that. And if you're wondering, I did do the laundry and bake the cookies, too. The cookies got a little overdone (not burned but I like them kinda undercooked so they are soft and chewy) because the puzzle kept calling me over.

Gotta get ready to deliver some pizzas, until later, love love to you all.....

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Wow! That's quite a treasure trove of bargains! Sounds like a successful shopping trip.

Happy New Year! *smooches*

2:38 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Yeah, I was pretty happy when I was done. Tonight I played with the rest of the watches and all but 2 of them now work, 1 I still can't get the cover off of but am determined to get it fixed. So basically I got 10 really nice watches for 20 bucks (including price of batteries), what a deal :D

Happy New year to you!! *smooches*

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home