Thursday, December 29, 2005

Living large

Yep, it feels like living "the best of times", with a few exceptions (mostly being away from my grandkids and Jody), but I am a pretty happy woman tonight. Not only did I get to talk to MY Jody this afternoon and my grandkids tonight, but my new kitchen table was delivered early :D

Okay, so it is a "pub set" and the table is high, like in a pub or bar and the chairs are actually stools, but when I saw it the other day, I fell in love. I got paid early and my boss (the blind man) told me to buy the table and I will be having a birthday in a little over a month so I justified the expense as a gift of luxury that I have earned and darn well deserve.

Liwa likes it, too:



This is a close-up of the stool legs, very nicely carved claw feet and sturdy to boot:



I say it is an investment and will last for years to come and by crackey, it's just plain awesome:



Tried for a close up of the table base and legs:




In reality, the past week and a half has been pretty fucking incredible (pardon my potty mouth but I do cuss like a sailor) in which I started the new job driving, talked to Mystic on the phone (she totally rocks BTW), got a message on my YM from Rolly, found out my grandkids are homeless and living in a shelter, talked to them 3 different days, got a new pic of the youngest (of my sons current children, never mind the one on the way-we'll not go there right now) granddaughter with a whole slew of drawings and colorings from the kids and their mom too!

Isn't my little Kiyah beautiful? (she is my twin so I am more than a little biased):



I so need to get a scanner to scan the pics with, this one of her doesn't have the color but it does have her gorgeous little face :D I know I promised to catch up soon (and I will, really) but have been so busy and now it is late but I am thinking since I have Sunday off I can upload all the pics I was talking about. I owe from a week before Christmas and I will get them up next year (Sunday), that is kinda scary--this year went by so very fast. And quite frankly I am not done with this year yet.

Until then, love love to you all.......

4 Comments:

Blogger HistoryDetective said...

That's a great pub set, Chrissy!

Have a great new year!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thank you HD!! The pics really don't do it justice, it is so tall! But I am loving it, even if I am not home that much, when I am home, I sit there :D

You have an awesome new year, too and thanks for stopping in :D

*smooch*

10:45 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Cool table!

{{{hugs}}} for the grandkids.

...and have a very Happy New Year!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thank you Nutzy.

You have a very Happy New Year, too!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home