Sunday, March 05, 2006

Misc. thoughts

I didn't sleep well last night because I haven't seen Liwa since Friday morning and I came to the sad realization that I don't own any cats, I just feed all the cats in the neighborhood. I know I've always said we don't own them-they own us but her disappearance saddened me because I grew to love her and she was my only real cuddler of the 3 that I "feed". And after the past couple days of long hours at work I really wanted to cuddle with her. The days weren't bad, just long, but still I was ready for some Liwa time. I waited up until 2 am for her to surface and then went to bed and still couldn't sleep.

While I was up I was cruising through the blogs and trying to figure out what I had missed by not going to OT in so long. Apparently nothing good in the positive sense since so many are fed up with it and even though I don't go there it saddens me that they have been hurt by whatever took place there. I realize I have in the past been unfair to some of them and paid the price in not only exclusion by them but by the fact that I think they are wonderful people who I now know better through blogland and love them dearly from afar instead of from near and dear as friends are. I regret that, I really do. Problem is, I don't know how to mend those relationships or even if they are mendable. Yet more evidence that I am a dork.

I called in to work sick on Thursday, not because I was sick but the thought of working made me sick. The new ASSistant manager delights in torturing me and quite honestly the thought of more torture just made me ill. I knew if I went that I might quit and I really didn't want to quit, I just don't want to work with someone who treats me like shit. I already have esteem issues without any help TYVFM. So in the first step towards trying to better my esteem I realized I was not worthy of all the "shit" and refuse to work with someone who is part of the problem and not the solution. So now I am down to working PH on Friday and Saturday. Granted they are 11 hour days but it goes fast on those busy days anyway. Get in, make the moohlah, get out and be done for 5 days. Not a bad thing at all.

My brother Rich is in town this week and I am gonna go do lunch with him today as he seems to have forgotten about the dinner cruise he said he'd take me on. I can hardly get upset with him since I forget stuff all the time and he is 20 years older than me so I am just grateful he is as healthy as he is and wants to see me when he comes in. I actually have newfound appreciation for all of my family this week, moreso than normal. I watch the military channel from time to time and I would swear I saw my brother Jim in one of the shows on the 82nd airborne history. In Grenada I think. I kept hitting the rewind to slow it down to check and looking at that face and saying OMG that's my brother. Of course his military history was always a mystery to us and I remember asking him once exactly what he does and his reply "if I told you, I'd have to kill you". I know he was top security clearance and he was a presidential adviser type person on military affairs but other than that I haven't a clue. But watching that show made me so proud of his accomplishments that I had no idea of and I am in awe of him.

I haven't been taking very many pictures lately and of the ones I have taken I have been too lazy to post. It's not that I don't see as much beauty to capture, it's more the lack of motivation from the kinda blah mood I've been in. I am still trying to figure out what that's about, mostly work stuff I believe. Hopefully this week will prove that when I don't have to be around that mean ASSistant. Otherwise life is pretty good and I have no complaints. Still loving my couch, far too much, in fact that has what has kept me off my computer :D Sorry I haven't replied to any of the comments, I'll try not to let that happen again and drag my flat little butt off the sofa.

OMG!!! Liwa just sauntered in, not quite herself, but I am so happy to see her. She's eating now but I want some time with her the second she's done, so I am gonna close for now and see if she'll have me :D

Until later, love love to you all.......

7 Comments:

Blogger Lasann said...

I'm so glad that Liwa returned. I will be a wreck when my cat dies!

OT, I hope will come back to it's glory.

Just dropped by to say hello in Hawaiian (I forget how).

10:05 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Lasann! Have I told you lately how much I adore you? No? Well I do!

Even if OT does get back to its glory I am not sure they would have me.

And ALOHA to you too!

Mahalo (thank you) for dropping in. *smooch*

12:04 PM  
Blogger mm said...

That's too bad about the assistant manager. But Yay! Liwa came back! I was really bummed about that until I got to the end and read that. :D

I don't have alot of time for OT right now either, but I'm sure things will lighten up again. It seems to be cyclical.

8:37 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

OMG! I'm so glad Liwa came back! I was worried.

Why the heck would you think we don't want you on OT? Sheesh, woman! ...a bunch of us miss you there. We need more peeps like you. And I think the real "neener troll" is gone. *snort*

2:06 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

MM, you are right about it being cyclical but I've been gone so long I haven't a clue what's happening there. I haven't even checked in there lately for the Niagra meet since last I read most were wanting July 7-9 and that just ain't happenin for me this year.

Thank you for your concern about Liwa, I was really sad thinking she was gone, the little hussy and she came back acting all weird and mean.


Nutz, you are so sweet, thank you.

I was thinking when I wrote that about the ones who wouldn't really want me there. I have made some mistakes. And I thought that the annonymous person called me a troll. There was a real neener troll? I miss the way it was a few years ago but am thankful for the bloggyland it has produced since I enjoy that just as much, if not more.

*smooches* to all my friends

10:17 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

So happy Liwa came back!

You are such a great person. You have this horrible time at work and these crazy family situations, yet you always say "but life is good." I'm glad you can keep things in perspective. *hugs*

1:12 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Kim, thank you, I believe I get any greatness I posess from the great company I keep. I was thrilled she came back, too, but she was meaner that all get out the first 36 hours. Even Mike asked what was up with her. I dunno but she is back to her normally sweet self again, thank goodness.

And life IS good :D *smooch*

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home