Friday, June 09, 2006

Sometimes ya just hafta laugh at yourself

Tonight I was at work and although I was spose to get off at 8 everybody else bailed so I was more than a little pissy about always having to be the responsible one there with no obvious signs of appreciation. So I am out on one of two deliveries and just getting into my truck after the first one and quite pleased that the guy tipped me twelve bucks since the previous 4 people had stiffed me and my phone rings.

ME: Hello
Man: hello
Me: Hello
Man: how are you doing, I've been thinking about you
Me: I think you have the wrong number
Man: no, I have the right number
Me: I don't think so
Man: I was thinking about what you said while we were laying here in bed
ME: I'm sorry but you really do have the wrong number because I haven't been in bed with anybody in over 10 years buster
Man: Mom, it's Travis and I was here in bed with Heidi and thinking about what you said, yada, yada, yada
Me: I thought you said while we were in bed and I was thinking you were some pervert....

So that made me laugh the rest of the night that I had to work and work and work. If I could actually hear well things might not be so funny. That's how rumors get started ya know? You say something and I hear something else and when I repeat it back it is something entirely different. Maybe when I am done with getting my vision and teeth corrected I'll work on my hearing. Or maybe not since I need the laughs.

I won't have any time off again until Monday so until later, Love love to you all.....

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

LMAO!!! Oh goodness. That is funny.

See what happens with a little miscommunication & misunderstanding?

5:57 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! Try not to work too hard.

*smooch*

5:58 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Nutzy, I still laughed when I read it again tonight. Sometimes I just slay me :D

I dunno what is up with him but I suspect that with his next daughter being due beyween June 29th and July 14th he may just be fishing for a cash gift in her honor. Not gonna happen since any money I set aside for the grandkids all goes into trust funds so the parents can't touch them, but it would be nice if Heidi didn't think of me as some mean witch like he makes me out to be. Well, maybe I am sometimes but generally people love me. Even my friend Denises' daughter, who will be a year old next week loves me (she called me this morning, smart child, lol) and she has never even met me :D Didn't have anything to say but she did punch the button to call and so I got to talk to Denise and I haven't done that in awhile. She moved from here to Maui last year. *sigh*

I'll try not to work too hard but it is a blessing since I need the income now.

Later---- *smooch*

2:46 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Good to "see" you! Funny about the phone call. I have a terrible time recognizing people's voices on the phone.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Puffy, always a pleasure to "see" you, too! I am wonderful with faces and names and such but voices over the phone just baffle me, mostly within the past 6 months or so. It's kinda freakish really. Some people I talk to pretty regularly and recognize immediately but others I don't hear often and don't know when I hear them.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home