Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's hump day

When we left off I was having a pleasant little chat and some flirting with Mr. McYummy at the intimate bar, amongst our friends. So I look like someone who resembles a bartender that you could tell your story to and Sandy was telling hers. Not that this is a bad thing, I could relate to her feelings of angst in high school due to less than charming home lives, but it lead to more flirting with McYummy than actual chit chat.

When my hosts’ decided it was time to depart and head out, I got a hug from McYummy that made my nipples harder than walking into the tool section of Sears (I love me some tools okay?) and though it was difficult to let go of that embrace, I was being beckoned to drive the little party on their way. Off to breakfast at the waffle house again and somewhat disappointed that our young server chose to fill in for someone else in another town that night, we thought we had scared her off, but we had fun with the new kid that night anyway. I laughed so hard so many times because my hosts truly are funny people with great senses of humor.

Sunday’s gathering was going to begin in the park in the morning with a memorial kind of service for those no longer with us and since it was the wee hours when we got home, the last thing I wanted to do was to get up. However since McYummy was going to be at the picnic afterwards and my ride was leaving early, I made Dan (another guest from out of state who stayed in the Spongebob room which became a running gag) stop at Starbucks on the way for some coffee. It was early, like I said, and when Kelly showed up and said “awe, you brought me coffee, I had to share because Kelly rocks, but it left me with too little energy so I plopped in a chair.

I gotta essssplain something here. The committee had rented the amphitheatre for this occasion since there would be a service of sorts and had set up chairs on the stage for shade and because it was the easiest way to unload the food for the picnic. Okay, back to my story…..

Low on fuel and exhausted from my travels and late nights, I plopped down in one of the chairs and quite quickly fell asleep. No one bothered me or tried to make sure I was awake for the sermon and it was when the pastor (who was also one of our classmates) said something about “3 or 4 bucks for cup of your Starbucks” I was dragged back to consciousness and wanting a cup of Starbucks. I blame the pastor. So I got up and went around the back of the theatre to the bathroom and ran into my best friends from high school who were just arriving. We whispered for a few minutes and Rita’s hubby Dale said he had to go move the car and I asked if we could go for more coffee since he wasn’t really into the whole sermon thing.

Now, mind you, I have known Dale since Rita introduced us in high school and though I don’t recall where she met him, we were all friends when we were younger. They have been married since before we graduated and are like family in a bizarre kinda way. We may not talk for several years at a time, but when we get around each other, we just pick up where we left off as if it was only days or hours. So while Dale and I hiked back to where Rita parked the car, we caught up and headed for Starbucks so I could reload my cup.

When we got back I decided to sit out on the lawn under a tree with my buds than to climb back on stage and make another spectacle of myself. And there we sat when McYummy (remember McYummy?) came strollin out to park his cute touché right next to me. Heaven on a Sunday morning, mmmm…..

For awhile nobody in the world existed but us, just talking and eye gazing until Rita said they were getting ready to head out. I had to say my goodbyes to her, Dale and Buggy, since I wouldn’t see them anymore before I left. McYummy and I had concluded that we both loved the mountain(s) we lived on but invited each other to come visit if the mood struck. I could just see him out there on the top of his mountain on his horse and I couldn’t even think about wanting him off of it. We shared a few more hugs and a kiss before he took off for his mountain. MMmmmmmmmmmmmm……..

I spent the evening packing and getting ready to leave on my next flight early the next morning. I felt a sense of sadness at leaving already but excited about the rest of my journey that lay ahead.


Out of time for today, back again tomorrow with more. Until then, love love to you all...

4 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

You and McYummy kissed? Is there more of him in this story, because if there is, you need to hurry up and write it! ;-)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Glad you liked my moniker and felt it appropriate for him! Wow.

And I enjoyed your description of what it's like when you walk into a tool department. ;-) If you check my blog, you'll see that I'm NOT the handyman of my house. In fact, my little sister acquired that mantle from my dad. So there's nothing wrong with that at all.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm still surprised to see so many women at Home Despot or Lowe's. (*hands out the Chauvinism Stick to whoever would like to apply it to me*)

8:54 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Gee... you've been a blogging machine this week! ;-)

*sigh* Don't you wish you were back on that mountian?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Tab, my next entry is dedicated to you......

Cyg, loved the moniker and it fits him. I am the handy person in my home (and my parents when I lived in Colorado) and always have been. Sadly, I lost all my stuff in storage and have had to start over with my toll purchases and find I love power tools the most, nipples be damned, lol ;)

Nutzy, I have nothing but time for those 9 hours I spend at work and if I didn't take my laptop and write I would go insane and take people with me. And today I really did wish I was back on HIS mountain, getting laid like there was no tomorrow. But I am thinking when this project is over in March that maybe I can talk him into a rendevous in Reno to meet me half way to fuck like bunnies. I've always said it's good to have a goal.

*smooches* to all of you...

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home