Tears
I know that I know the answer to this but at the moment the answer is not forthcoming. Is it possible to cry tears of joy? Or are the tears just attached to some strong emotion on past experience that happen at a joyful time?
I only ask this because I stopped at my little corner market on my way home this afternoon and there was a soldier talking to the clerk as I walked up to pay for my purchase. I waited until he was finished with his hellos and moving away to go shop and I said "thank you" to him. He apologized and I said "no, I mean thank you for serving my country". He looked at me and said he was happy that I appreciated it and I told him I was very grateful to all the people who serve my country. He was still standing there as I left and I was so overwhelmed with joy that I started crying.
Granted, I live in an area that has a high concentration of military and I always say thank you when I cross paths with anyone in uniform, one, because I DO appreciate it and two, because it makes me feel good to let them know I appreciate what they do. But I normally don't break down into a puddle when I do thank them. Today it went beyond feeling good into pure, unadulterated joy. So I cried all the way home and was, at the same time, trying to figure out why I was crying.
So tell me, are there, in fact, tears of joy just for joys sake?
Until soon, love love to you all.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home