The peeks and valleys
I talked in my last post about the peaks and valleys and now I am here to indulge you a bit further in what I mean. The valleys were very low, taking me with them, to the point of my son calling the police to come and check on me. I was so down with all the pain and didn't want to talk to anybody, so I chose not to answer my phone or return messages for about 6 weeks before the local popo showed up at my door and being quite pleased that they wouldn't have to call California to report on my demise. I explained that if one can't find anything nice to say that one should say nothing and that was the option I was exercizing. They informed me that I should at least let one family member hear from me so they wouldn't have to return to my door again.
Travis was getting more desparate in his messages, but he was thinking I was mad at him again at first, until he called on my birthday (a couple times even) and I didn't answer or return his call. What can I say? I was suffering and didn't want any company in my misery. My back was hurting and I was missing front teeth and I didn't want to get out of bed. Does anybody really want to hear that? So I didn't share it, oh well, my bad.
Add to this the fact that my desktop monitor took a collosal dump and the new one is not recognized by my (MS 98) software, thereby making the whole system basically useless. Bummer. Fortunately I still have my laptop (which, oddly, DOES work with the new monitor for the desktop, due to the newer OS since I have XP on it) and this one runs slow from time to time.
Then about 6 weeks ago my Naloboy dissapeared, making me even sadder because I wasn't (and am not) sure what happened to him. The neighbor behind us has a couple big dogs that kept hopping the fence and terrorizing my cats and oddly, since Nalos' dissapearance, have been chained up. Plus the neighbor across the street now has a bunch of chickens running the the neighborhood, this happened a day after Nalo went missing. I can only assume one of the neighbors had a hand in it since he never took off before. Still no sign of him and I am hoping for the best, wherever he may be.
Totally out of order here, since there were other valleys between then and now, but it is relevant in the valley category and more current. Monday night Gizzy was in, like usual, we had dinner together, before he went out again, not to be seen again. Now I realize that he is an older gent and will be 17 in August (gotta love them Leos, a hearty bunch, lol) but once again I am thinking WTF? This one devastates me emotionally. I know he won't live forever but I was hoping he would at least come in and let me hold him when he goes. I look everywhere (in the dark with a flashlight) on Tuesday since nobody has seen him and Liwa is following me the whole time. She's good like that, heck she is a small dog in spirit and would follow me anywhere if I let her. Anyway, I am talking to her and calling for him and NOTHING.
See why I didn't post for awhile? I like to think that absence makes the heart grow fonder and makes it easier for anyone reading to think positive thoughts instead of knowing the horrible truth. But enough of the valleys, let's move on to the peeks...
With mass amounts of physical therapy, my back was improving, and my emotional state along with it. During that time I happened to watch Oprah one day. I don't know why, it's not a normal thing for me, but I was so happy I caught that episode. It was about "The Secret" and it touched me on such a deep level, I actually ordered the book. What a lifesaver that was for me! My whole attitude and way of feeling changed and since then my life changed for the better too! It has been amazing what I have attracted into my life.
I did finally find my Gizzyman yesterday afternoon, Liwa right along for the ride, atop a pile of rubbish behind the carport across the driveway (there are 2 houses on the property where I live, Jody would get this part but I was just trying to clarify a bit) and I was thrilled to even find him. Okay, so his condition was less than fair, but just to find him, filled me with such gratitude--I can't even express it-- so I scooped him up and carried him into the house. His lower right jaw was so swollen and he looked so miserable and well, I can so relate. I put down some soft canned food for him and ran for a phone directory to see if I could find a mobile vet to come out and treat him. He ate it all and then snuck back out while I was on my vet finding mission. I went out and found he had gone back to his hiding place so I knew he was okay and wouldn't go anywhere, I went back to my search and decided to take him to the closest one this morning (it was after hours when I found him yesterday) and then began using the "secret" to heal him in the mean time.
You hafta understand that Gizzy and his Siamese daddy (the wonderful Harley-RIP) both have a genetic predisposition to dental disease. Which is why he and I have about the same amount of teeth left (not many) and if I could get him dentures I would. Needless to say, I knew he had an infection in one of his lower canines and would have to have it removed. My concern with his age and recent weight loss (from not eating) notwithstanding, I was determined to wrangle him from his rubbish perch and into a crate for a ride this morning to get it fixed. But, lo and behold, I got up this morning to find him sitting by the food dish, waiting oh so patiently, for me to open a can of anything yummy for him. His jaw was almost back to normal and he has been in a few times today to eat and looking better each time. I will be keeping a close eye on his pretty little face. AWESOME!!
Today was used up mainly by going through my yahoo mail, which has been neglected for awhile judging by the amount of mail in there (like 12,000 messages, mostly in the garbage folder but still there were 200+ in my in box) that I needed to deal with. One of them was a travel site I subscribe to and when I cliked on it to scope, discovered I could purchase a HNL-SEA in July for 424 bucks total. And so I did. Yessirree, I have my ticket for Seattle in July, with window seats on every flight. I have one stop in each direction, I think it is SFO going to SEA and LAX returning to HNL. But hey, I got my tickets!!! I'll get my car and hotel later for the meet but now you know I am definitely coming, if you had any doubts I mean ;-)
I am so very grateful for everything I have and have learned and been through, even the bad stuff for the contrast it provided to the amazingly wonderful stuff that is going on now.
Whew! I'm great, just in case you were wondering :-)
Until later, love love to you all..... more soon...


3 Comments:
Wow, Chris, what a few months it's been for you. I'm glad Travis persisted in making sure you were ok. I'm also really happy that Gizzy was found and is doing better.
{{hugs}}
Hang in there!
Hi Tab! Yes it has been an experience and I am beyond happy that I located my Gizzyman and he is doing so well.
Each day just brings more wonderful things to be grateful for and that is just such a blessing to me.
I get what you mean by "hang in there" but really I prefer to "soar in there" :-)
*smooches*
I'm glad you decided to "resurface." And glad you found Gizzy! We had to part with one of our cats some time ago. :-(
Good to hear from you! *smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home