For my Jody (and Tab)
Words cannot begin to express how I feel about you. Or how much knowing you has changed my life--for the better. Or how much I wanna grow up to be just like you. I understand why my cats are so lost without you, for I am too. But you said something to me that was one of the greatest compliments, about how I throw my heart into whatever I do and I found myself doing that tonight. And I discovered that delivering pizzas isn't just a job, it's a bunch of little adventures. It helps that I am feeling oh so much better today and hearing your voice, knowing you were home safe, was the kick in the ass I needed to make me feel totally human again, though I am sorry I was so sick the last week you were here.
It isn't just being Sparticus (though once one is, one can never be the same again) or the joy in your eyes when you look at me and even in your voice when you talk to me, but just you being you, doing what you do that makes me want to be a better person, even though you would disagree and say I am already the best. You have put such love and joy in my heart and my life and I couldn't love you more. I only wish I could see me through your eyes, but I am trying to and tonight I found others seeing me that way, too.
The world is blessed because you are in it and future generations of animals and their owners will no doubt whisper your name to the heavens and thank the diety of their choosing for you and your work. And I am blessed as much as the world, moreso really, to have you in my life.
I found myself laughing today when I got a long hair wrapped around one of my toes and thought how fortunate I am that I will be finding them for some time to come, at least I hope I do :D I giggled when I cleaned the kitchen and as I washed every coffee cup and spoon. I put a couple of pieces of sky in and thought how much harder the sky must have been for you since you go by colors as I go by shapes. I will finish it and post a picture when I do. Then I'll start another, maybe the cat.
I miss you, my friend, but I am happy for the time I got to share with you this summer and I am also grateful for Stephen who so graciously let's you be you and shared you. I do hope that your babies will soon get over your absence and I know deep down they are thrilled to have you home. Give them all hugs for me, even Dingo, who isn't bad at all for a rodent. I love you and big hugs.
That said, I did have a good night tonight and the sunset was awesome and I was fortunate to be at the top of Hillcrest to catch it:


Gotta work early tomorrow so will close for now and will only add that I feel much the same about you Tab ;-)
Love love to you all......


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home