Monday was...
Decent, if I remember corectly. I do remember work being incredibly nice for a Monday. But then, timing is everything (I know I've said it before, but it's true). I got in at 4 and maybe 30 seconds ahead of one of the other drivers who was scheduled at 4, and was off and running 30 seconds later. I ran all the deliveries for the next 2 hours before the other 3 drivers started clocking in. It was just that slow but steady. Made good money, too, which is a blessing.
Hmmm... pics from Monday:
A little of the sunset:

Love these side view mirror shots, dunno why:

The last I saw of it from outside, before doing some dishes:

And then it was too tempting to peek out the back door:

Don't remember much else about that night (this is why I blog, me and my swiss cheese brain) but I do have vivid memories of yesterday, Tuesday. I had all these good intentions of doing some applications and finding some fun, but that was not to be. Oh, no, I had other things to deal with.
What I normally do is take pics with my phone camera and since I am a T-mobile customer, send them directly to my album, then I download them from there to post here. I had taken a couple of Liwa(Trav's cat, or maybe not his really anymore) being Liwa, she really is kinda strange and wonderful. But I couldn't get into my T-mo album, nor would the pics go there when I tried to send them there. So I pick up said phone, to call the customer service number they listed, to find that my phone was off. WTF?
Go directly to the T-mo store, do not pass go, do not collect 200$, and wait on hold with the nice CSR who dialed the company for me to inquire WTF was going on. Finally someone comes on and says it was reported as lost or stolen and the new SIM card was never activated. HUH? So he activates it and says it will be on within 2 hours, taking that long to get all the way through the system. Now usually they say that and it is more like 20 minutes (remember all the phones Trav has lost in his short time here?, we been here, done this before), so I go my merry way.
I go to the Satelite City Hall (our version of the DMV) to renew the registration on my car, stopping at the bank, for the money, on the way. I read while I am waiting to pass the time and before I know it I am next in line. In and out in under a minute. Time to be scared when the government is more efficient than a phone company, but I digress. I try to place a call, just to check the phone out and still get nothing. Now I am depressed since how can a new employer call me if my phone is not on? So I have a couple things in mind I want to get for my secret summer santa pal and head off to shop as it is too mind boggling to think about looking for another job in my state of mind. I browse and shop, then try the phone again.
Aww, c'mon, it's been 2 hours, what is up with this? So I go downtown to the main T-mo store, stand in line there for 45 minutes, thankful at least that the book I am reading is not only amusing and funny, but a good one (Carl Hiaasen never writes bad books IMHO), wondering how much it will cost me to get my car out of the parking garage. Finally, my turn at the window and I explain my problem, the CSR turns my phone off, turns it back on, uses her phone to call mine and lo and behold, it rings!!! So just to be sure eveything is hunky dory, she uses mine to call hers and I, dorky as I am, am all set to go. I ask her to validate my parking ticket and bless her heart she put an hours worth on there. I got out of the garage for free and it is too late to do anything else but hit the grocery store, I'm hungry.
I was so drained from the day I was in bed by 9, I didn't feel well and I didn't care much for hanging with Trav so bed seemed a wonderful idea. I did get up for a few minutes when Jody got home though and then back to bed, to sleep, perhaps to dream of electric sheep?
I gotta get busy now, hopefully I will keep up with this blog better, just been far too sad with my world lately to even think.
Love love to you all....


4 Comments:
Hey Chris! Great pics, as usual.
Just wanted to say "hi" and "hang in there".
Keep blogging, even when it's hard, it's a good outlet!
{{hugs}}
Tab, I am sorry I am such a mess right now and that you do all of the supporting, but if you need support, I will do my best from wherever I am emotionally.
*smooch* Chris
I know you would Chris, and I appreciate it. I just want you to do what you have to do to make things better, it's hard watching it all and not being able to *do* anything. Know what I mean?
Tab, I do know what you mean, I am here in the middle of it and feeling out of reach of helping the situation. But I appreciate the support soooo much. *smooch*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home