Thursday, July 28, 2005

Where's my mantra?

Darn thing always seems to disappear from my memory when I need it most. To say that I have been a tad testy and seriously depressed lately would be an understatement, all things considered, but the longer he is here doing nothing, the angrier I get. And this normally organized chick, to the point of being anal about organization, has seemingly lost her sense of reason. I failed to write my work schedule in my little pocket calendar, so I had to call yesterday morning to see when I was scheduled to work and since they had me on the phone anyway they asked that I come in at 2 instead of at 5 when I was spose to be there. And since I apparently don't know how to say no, I went along with it. WTH I need the funds and Wednesdays have been busy lately.

Okay, I am still disappointed over my review and the fact that no matter how much I go above and beyond the call of duty I got average scores before that nickel raise (BFD), and the fact that my benefits have not kicked in yet has ticked me as well. But I realized I was sick of being the dishwasher with no appreciation. Hmmmmph.. Okay, enough already, I go in and it was slow to start so guess what I get to do? Yep, dishes, oh well. The manager comes back and hands me an envelope and I think it has to do with my benefits and make some snarky comment and she says no, don't think so, that would be a packet. It is a safe driver award from some guy at the top of the corporate ladder named Romeo, and it entitles me to a medium pizza. Big whoop there [/sarcasm]. Then the assistant manager says she has some news and I tell her it better be good as I can't handle all the excitement and I am waiting on my medical insurance so I can have a stroke. First she tells me to go to my "happy place". She says my insurance will kick in on August first. Finally.

It finally did pick up and was a nice steady pace, keeping me there til 9 (an hour later than scheduled) and the money was decent again. If I could only do that well everyday. I did get a few pics:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


And Liwa in her room (on top of the towels in the bathroom), sorry it's so dark:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

I had missed Jody coming home, she was walking from one bus stop (where she got off the bus from town) to the other (where the shuttle stops to come up the hill) and I was looking at the bus stop for her before coming home. She was telling me she saw me and I said I had called and was hoping she would call back as I woulda gone back down to get her. I spied a large fish tank at the curb I wanted to snag but forgot to grab it until I was 1/2 way home. She asked why I didn't just go back and grab it and I said it was a tag team effort since there was nowhere to pull over out of traffic so I needed a driver to pull over while I jumped out for the snatch and grab. She said well let's go, I'm up for an adventure.

We were leaving and from his perch on the couch Trav said bye, we replied we'd be right back and again he said bye. I asked if he wanted to participate in our little late night raid of someones rubbish and he said sure. Never hurts to have muscle along since he does nothing else. So off we went in the rain to creatively aquire another large tank. Brought it home, filled it with water to check for leaks and presto, it's wonderful. It is filthy but I will be cleaning it shortly while I ponder where to set it up. It's a 20 gallon tall (as opposed to the 20 gallon long I started with) and Oscar is growing and will eventually need a larger tank anyway. It was a small bit of late night fun but at least I found some (fun).

I was ripped from my sleep at 8 this morning by work calling to see if I could come in. I said only if you can't find someone else. Haven't heard back so I may be off the hook for this morning. It's pouring rain and though the tips are decent when you are soaking it isn't how I want to spend 10 hours of my day. Guess I should go start on the new tank.

Love love to you all....

2 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

What a cute kitty! I'm sorry about the work review, that really does suck, especially when you do so much more than some of the others.

How's the new tank coming? I can't wait to see a picture of it.

*smooch*

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Hi Tab, the new tank is still empty until I figure out a good place to set it up and decide what to do about a solid base (stand) for it. But at least I got it all cleaned up :D

*smooch*

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home