Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Odd things

I spent a considerable amount of time this morning updating my blog about nothing and everything in general and right before I hit post I accidentally hit the Ctrl or alt button and it all went away, grrrr.... So I will try to recreate what I had said.

I had been thinking about something that Jody said on Sunday, which was, it was odd that she remembers one of the first things she learned about me when we met was that I had moved here to get away from my kids. Not my daughter, just to be clear, mind you. (but from my eldest who has shown a pattern of moving in and out when the mood strikes him. Home when he has nowhere else to go, out again when he has money or another place to leech.) And now that she has met and cohabitated with him, while he is very charming, she gets why I moved so far away.

I did not speak, could not, for about 5 days and it was driving him crazy. I finally said it was as Jody said about giving advice to the elephant you are dancing with.....it robs you of breath and pisses off the elephant. Besides which, I wanted to spit venom at him because I have been so angry with him or cry because he has hurt me so badly, that it was easier for me to avoid conversing or even looking at him.

But he has a plan now and is working towards it--leaving on the 12th, and it occured to me as I was blogging yesterday that when he leaves, Jody will already be gone and I will be alone, left to a life I once enjoyed. And it really saddened me that I wanted him gone because the reality is that I just wanted him to follow through for once in his life and be responsible, not jump ship. He has some good qualities and if I weren't so disgusted by his bad ones I might remember and share them with you.

Then I had this conversation at work last night when the manager asked me to "run one more" (yeah, I've fallen for this one before) when I was spose to be off. Or do some dishes. And since the store manager saw fit to schedule only one closing driver, I felt kinda bad not helping him out but I am practicing this NO thing and as they both looked at me waiting for an answer, I said "lack of planning on someone elses part does not constitute an emergency on mine". And the lone closing driver said "you are right". Wow, I am?

So I said only one more and went back to oil some pans to help the poor guy out a little while I waited for the delivery to be ready and told him I would be in a better mood in a couple weeks. He looked at me like I was an alien and asked how I could put a timeframe on it. I said Trav would be gone and as he knows the trials of that, he said "if the horse is dead.....dismount". I explained that it was hard to be all happy when you are going through the shit kinda like it's hard to remember your goal is to drain the swamp when you are up to your ass in alligators. I do try to find some beauty in each day, really I do.

Got these picks, what a beautiful sunset:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

So when I finally got off, Darrin's wife had just called to say that the power was out on the whole mountain, it was pitch black. Indeed it was. It was so still and eery driving up, and looked like it was just completely gone. Weird. But I have a flashlight in the car so I am armed with light to get me in the door to light some candles and so quiet that I woke Trav up. He helped me light some candles and Nalo jumped up on the tanble to be in the light and near mom, of course. Nalo by candlelight:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

We did talk for a little while and mostly I said you can run anywhere you want but you can't hide from responsibility forever. Here, the mainland, it's just geography, nothing will change until you do. So ended the day.


Surprises

Some pleasant, some not, but the day was about surprises today. Like I said earlier, I spent hours updating my blog (and it was better the first time) only to be surprised when it disappeared from the screen when I went to hit the post button. But as frustrated as I was I didn't have time to redo it then as I had stuff to do. I was a woman with several missions. It being payday means there are bills to go pay and I needed to get my secret persons gift out.

Imagine my surprise when the UPS man says it will be 86$ just for the one light one because it kinda big. Exsqeeze me? I think not. So I went to the post office. And a pleasant surprise: I got the package from my secret santa! Way cool. Then I went to Sears to pay the cable bill. They were on number 12 and I grabbed number 32 and said it was gonna be a wait. This cute young guy next to me had his number called (14) as I sat reading my book and as he walked by he laid the #15 ticket on the page I was reading! How awesome is that? So I was next and in and out, just like that!

I popped into the bar, had a nice little chat with the peeps and then came here to blog. So a nice surprising little day. No pics today, sorry. That's about it for now..

Love love to you all.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home