Friday, July 29, 2005

What a wonderfully rainy day

I was dragged from my slumber at 8 am and asked to go to work and in practice of learning the art of saying "no" I responded with "if ya can't find anyone else, call me back" before I went right to my puter to blog. I may have mentioned that yesterday. Then I got all ready to leave to do some apps and right before heading out the door into the pouring rain, I decided to go online and look up the site to see what it paid. I never did find out but I did do my app online and thereby saved time and gas, always a good thing.

Yes, it was pouring out and it did amuse me as I watched my Nalo come running in every time it did come down in torrents, sit looking out the door with his ears laid back in disapproval of the weather and turn to me and say I love you before jumping in my lap to snooze until it let up again. This behavior repeated itself several times. Until work called at 2 and asked if I could come NOW. Still with the practice, I said "give me 20 minutes to finish what I am doing and then I'll come down".

I finished in 15 minutes though and was clocked in by 2:24 and off and running, rain be damned. I can't say the time went quickly because, honestly, when you are getting wet, it doesn't. But it was pretty steady for the first hour and then there was a 10 minute lull, in which Chris, the asst. manger asked me to quickly mop the floor. I said NO. He said well then, will you slowly start to mop the floor? I said nope. He said okay, will you swab the decks? I said no and you can say it as many ways as you like, it ain't happening. He looked frustrated, and I explained I was practicing the art of saying no to the gender with the Y chromosome, was I convincing? He said no. It figures, Trav doesn't take me seriously either. So I mopped the fucking floor.

Rain can be good for tips though and by 6 pm I had already garnered 60 bucks, not bad for 3 1/2 hours work. Of course the next 2 hours would only get me another 20, but all in all, not too shabby. As it did rain... and rain... and rain, there wasn't much to get pics of but I got this little bit of sunset:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


Image hosted by TinyPic.com


And as I came in, the last one I took:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Kinda cool but it had more pink than actually showed.

By 8:30 I was telling them I was pau (done) so as to not be kept any longer yet again, I needed to go shopping, for ice cream. And that is what I did when I left, straight to Grocery Outlet to get ice cream. Then back to the store near where I work to get milk (it's cheaper there, I refuse to pay 7 $ for a gallon of milk) and then checked the bus stops for Jody. I waited for a few more buses before I determined she was NOT going to make the 9:20 shuttle, then headed home, where I found her working on our latest puzzle. That has taken us days. Beacuase we have not really worked all that hard on it.

She said Sunday is the day for going to the country for collecting cow poop samples. I have been asking when as she is doing it as a favor for some researcher in Boston at the college and I thought it might be an adventure. Combine it with maybe the turtle washing station, which I was informed might be too rough a swim, details to follow. But at least I know we are heading to Waianae for the cow poop and they have some fine beaches up there as well.

My four little fry (baby fish) are growing and doing well, just took this aand 2 are hiding in the leaves but 2 I can see:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Wish my camera phone took better water pics but it still looks as pretty as the tank really is. Well kids, it is nearly 1 pm and I must shower and get some stuff done before work so---

Love love to you all.....

5 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

$7 for a gallon of milk?? I guess even paradise has its drawbacks. I love all the pics, woe. They are so beautiful.

You had asked how to link, but I don't think I would really be able to explain it. If my blog template didn't have the link template included, I would have never done it. But if you go here --> http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=110&query=links&topic=0&type=f
that should help you add links to your blog.

*smooches*

11:46 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thank you Freda, I have read the info but have yet to figure out how to put the link into the code, or set up the whole list of links like some peeps have. Plus there is the fact that not many people come here and as much as I would like to link them how can I get permission if they don't know I want it?

Sorry I haven't posted any comments to you lately, been busy, but I do come and check and see what is going on in your life. Congrats on the validation, I am happy for you and jealous, too, I could use a little validation.

*smooch*

1:17 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Hey Chris, keep working on saying no, it takes practice but you can learn it. Hope your weekend is going well!

*smooches*

2:34 AM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Thanks, Tab, it is hard but I keep practicing. But when you are drained it is impossible to dig down to give even more. *smooches*

3:32 AM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Hey Woe! I just discovered your blog thanks to a link on Arkie's blog. All I can say is "Wow!" This is a wonderful mixture of beautiful writing, raw emotion, and honesty. Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize that you had been over to my blog! I hope that you don't mind that I'm adding you to the links.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home