Unsettled peace
My sense of peace around Trav being gone is a tad unsettled. I made a number of phone calls to the mainland today to let people know he was either there or on his way there but no one, and I mean no one has heard a peep out of him for a few weeks. That, combined with the fact that he had only the clothes on his back and his cash has me concerned (I'm a mom so sue me). Yeah, I know I said I didn't care what happened to him and I was done with him but I really didn't mean I wanted any harm to come to him. It is the not knowing he is safe that is bothering me. I know he has nowhere to go when he gets there since everyone has moved on with their lives and he is not my problem anymore but I would like to know where he is, it's creepy not knowing. Of course, still no word from him.
Work was good but not as profitable tonight, which was disappointing but there was a mixup in reciepts and one of the other drivers was charged for one of my deliveries and when I insisted I didn't make as much as they were letting me keep, then went through the paperwork and discovered the error and paid the dude back, the manager bought me a pizza and called it "the most honest employee of Friday" award! So I got a pizza but there went $32.00, oh well. People were just so literal tonight when they said "keep the change" they meant change, like the kind that jingles in your pocket. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
It has been raining this evening, just a gentle rain but it is all nice and cool up here on the mountain in the valley and making me sleepy. I love the weather up here. It can be so hot and muggy 7 minutes down the street but up here it is so nice and cool when I come home. Okay, NOW it's pouring, I can hear it :D I gotta mosey to the mall in the morning and pay the cable bill so I can keep updating here. Alrighty then, I think you can stick a fork in me and call me done :-)


2 Comments:
How long ago did he leave? Do you know how much money he had? He may have friends you didn't know...right? Try to not stress too bad yet, give him a little more time maybe.
It was good of you to give back the money...karma and all. You'll get it back. HAve fun at the mall! *hugs* Tab
I don't know exactly when or if he left or how much money he had on him. The last I heard from him was Tuesday night. I am sure he has friends I don't know about but I was calling numbers from the last phone bill. It's the not knowing his where-abouts that is stressing me The thing with him is that he doesn't have to look for trouble, it always seems to find him, so I don't want to feel guilt later that I didn't report him missing and appear to be a horrible mother. Nothing could be further from the truth, I think.
Hopefully the money karma gods will see to it that I won't ever pay someone elses tab. The mall trip is not for pleasure so much as just to pay a bill, but I will try to enjoy the experience :D *hugs* Chris
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home