I may be.....
A bad blogger, but I am an awesome individual. Just sayin.... I have been so busy with the 2 jobs, a new housemate, a grieving kitty and my studies, that I really haven't had time to figure out how to get into my blog lately. I liked it better, before the whole google thing, it was so much easier for me.
I have been enjoying the ship and the learning and reading their "bible" and made so many new friends. I am so looking forward to the crew "dry run" day on Saturday, when we will board our beautiful vessel at 6:45 am and depart for Maui, return to Honolulu, then depart for Kuai and return at 7 pm. Yes, it will be a long day, but to finally get out to sea and go to our other ports is very exciting indeed. The next month will be insanely busy as well, as we prepare to go on our first voyage, with real passengers aboard.
I am sticking with Pizza Hut for awhile, probably until the end of October, when I will be moving into Waikiki (because it was offered) and then I may not want to commute clear into Salt Lake. I dunno, I'll see. I really do enjoy my time there now, even if it is only once or twice a week. It's the people, in reality, that I miss.
About the move.... My brother offered me the pent house in his building for next to nothing and in order to get debt free I am willing to compromise and move somewhere I don't really desire to live (I love my valley..sigh) to accomplish that goal. Plus, the good Lord put it on my heart to go through the door He opened once again and maybe I am supposed to be there for a reason I am unaware of. So I will see where He leads me.
I am missing my Gizzyman, Saturdays are the toughest, and Liwa is still trying to get through it, too. I am glad to see that she is eating like there is no tomorrow and putting on weight. This is a great thing, she has always been so tiny and thin. She is still a small cat but she is starting to look healthier. If I can't manage to get on the board of directors of Rich's building and change the no pet rule before I move, she will be flying to California to live with Travis, who left her here in the first place. I would miss her but as much as I am gone, she would probably like living in the company of his other cat better.
I learned this week that the reason we yawn is because our brains are overheating. Much like a computer, it starts to heat and if we don't breath through our nose (which for some odd reason keeps it cool) we will yawn. Natures way of cooling the human computer that is our brain. Now ya know.
Not much else new from my little part of the world but if you want to see or read all about my new home away from home, you can go to www.HawaiiSuperFerry.com and see some pics of her and learn about her history and new routes and fares and all sorts of things :-) Sorry I don't recall how to make links. But if you do the copy/paste thing, I highly recommend clicking on the KGMB9- Tour of the ship link first. Then you can get a glimpse of where I actually spend my days :-)
So until later, love love to you all.....
P.S. Jody, I love and miss you.


2 Comments:
How cool is that?! I wish that ferry was in existence when we were there.
Being debt-free is a worthy goal, and will be worth the sacrifice for a while. You'll be all the better for it.
Hi Cygnus! They have been in the process for the past 5 years, when the dream began. I have waited oh so patiently and it was worth the wait. Next week the training will be grueling, to say the least, but then I will have all of my certifications. Other than having to wear the whole firefighters gear, air tank and all, I am quite looking forward to the firefighters training. Not sure what it has to do with being on the vessel, but still it will be nice to be certified.
Yes, I agree, sacrifice can be a wonderful thing in the big picture and debt freedom is a wonderful thing, from what I recall being there (too many years ago to recall). I will be all the better for it, even if it is unpleasant for awhile, this, too, shall pass.
*smooches* to you and LC
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home