I am alive
And well for the most part. It has been a chaotic month, losing ( well not that he is lost because I know where he lives now but...) Eric and taking on a new job on Hawaii's new Superferry, Gizzy died on 7-7-7 and I have a schedule that allows me to breath about once a week. Today is that day. That is to say this afternoon anyway since I had my Coast Gaurd stuff to do this morning and had to get a vehicle inspection so I could get my truck registered and now I really should be doing the domestic stuff that has been neglected. Yes, I am still with PH too but not so much at the moment with the training on the ferry. I am mentally saturated.
And because of this new career choice, I had to forfeit my vacation plans for the summer but I didn't really have any options available to me at the time. I am just bummed that I didn't get a drunken phone call from the peep meet peeps over the weekend. And such is my life at the moment. Plus my brother called and my mom is now in a nursing home, so I have been overwhelmed, to say the least. And no time to really grieve any of it, though Liwa has been doing enough for the both of us, she so misses Gizzy.
I must say, however, that I am getting in better shape and have cut WAY down on the smoking since I don't have time and it is prohibited on the vessel and anywhere near the terminal. Heck, I am even seriously considering quitting altogether. The first time I climbed the 50 stairs to the ship, I was in agony and thought my thighs might implode, now I don't even pause and the burn is no more. Not to mention my butt is all tight now :-) On the other hand, when I had my physical, they said I was only 5'1" and I said no way have I shrunk 3 inches. Oh well. Aging at its finest.
I do apologize that I have been absent and out of touch and it looks like it may be that way for the next month, but I can pop in to reply to any posts.
MM, thanks for checking on me *smooch*
Until later, love love to you all...................


2 Comments:
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about Gizzy. And sorry about your brother's health as well.
{{hugs}}
I would love to hear that you quit smoking altogether. My cousin did almost a year ago. She is amazed at how much better she feels, and she says even food tastes better! Even hearing you cut back is great news!
I'm bummed that you missed the peep meet. I did not get any calls either, but it sounds like a good time was had by everyone.
Hang in there, Chrissy!
*smooch*
It's been a while, but I'm checking in, too. I'm saddened to hear about Gizzy. You're lucky to have had so many good years with the little guy. I know you must have plenty of good pictures of him. Good luck with the new job. It sounds like fun!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home