Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Did you ever have a second?

I was going to say a moment, but really it was only a second in time, maybe 2. I am still laughing at myself a day later. Okay, I went to the airport to pick up my brother yesterday and after I dropped him off at his place I headed towards home. But since I was out and about and away from Gizzy, I thought it was a great time to stop and get some canned food for him since he is boring with the pureed home made variety.

I pull into the top parking garage at my local shopping center (as I always do) and walked down the stairs and turned towards Longs Drug store. I was walking along just admiring the beautiful day and I see something small coming at me at lightening speed. So what do I do? Bwahahahaha, here is where I can't stop the maniacal laughter whenever I think about it. I jump back and bend over backwards (literally) in one very fast motion and then my brain registers that this incoming missile is a Sparrow. Yeah, a little tiny bird. So I chuckle to myself and keep walking on my merry way like this never happened.

It isn't until I go to bed that I think of this again, but when I did, I was looking at it from the perspective of other people who may have been around me at the time. LOL. And just picturing it sends me into fits of uncontrolable laughter. Kind of like when a film jumps because it is old and well worn and you are aware that the picture just did something but in this case it was me at the shopping center IRL.

I don't know, maybe you had to be there. But if you can picture someone in front of you doing that, just that quick, maybe it would seem funny to you, too. Or maybe I just needed a good laugh with the whole Gizzy thing dragging me down. He seems better today, BTW, even though his little jaw is still huge. At least he meandered outside this morning and gave me a few minutes to write this before I go to work.

Ahhh,life is good :-) Until later, love love to you all........

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

At least you saw the sparrow. Yesterday on the Capital Beltway, a large rock took a nice chip out of my windshield. I never saw it, only heard it.

#hugs# to you and Gizzy.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home