Friday, May 20, 2005

Another day, another dollar

I slept late because I was reading till 3 am, again, and so it was about 10:45 before I rolled outa bed. My bad. So, needless to say, I didn't get my laundry done, forcing me to wear a shirt that always comes unbuttoned. Turned out that was a good thing in the long run. Let's see, 5 3/4 hours, and made a total of 84.00 (hourly wage included), hmmmm, not bad. I'm not saying there weren't some "issues" but all in all, not too shabby for part time work

In regards to my "issues", I was was going kick ass from 3-5 pm, and averaging 4 dollar tips per delivery then had a delivery at Kam School. For those who this means nothing to, it is a very large Hawaiian only ( meaning there has to be Hawaiian blood running through your viens to even be considered for enrollment) private school. It is generally not so much fun to deliver to because most of the students don't understand the concept of a tip. But I digress. I head up the hill to the campus and the ticket says the customer will meet me in front of the high school. No problem. I go all the way up the mountain to the HS campus and call said customer and tell her I am there and she says "where". I say "in front of the HS office". She asks what I am seeing and if I went down when I came throught the guard shack and I said no if I went down I would be going to the elementary school campus. This should have been a red flag for me that we were not on the same page but I thought maybe she didn't know where she was. She tells me she will walk across campus to find me. 1/2 an hour later she calls me back and says she doesn't see me so I tell her I am still in the same spot but if she believes I should drive down the hill I will. And so I start down. I pass a building and tell her I am passing Bishop Hall and then the bus stop and am on Princess drive. She asks me if I am on Maui and I said no Princess. She said no, I mean the island. I said no, I'm on Oahu. She said "but I am on the Maui campus". Well no fucking wonder I can't find her. We laugh about it and I told her when I got back to the store I would get the Maui number and call to tell her what it was. It turns out that it is the same number call center we have but she needed to specify the Maui campus, go figure. So there was an hour there with no tip or even the 1$ comp I get for each delivery. Shit.

Even so, I done good tonight. Then came home and when I walked in Trav said "hi pizza girl" and I replied "hi bum". He claims he isn't and I said well you aren't working and you haven't paid rent this year and if you can find another place that allows that I would like you to move there immediately or tell me and I will. I explained that they wouldn't set him up for the interview (with my boss) until they had a chance to ask me first if I wanted to work with him. They told me they didn't want to hire him if it would make me uncomfortable and then me quit because of it. They like me there :D I said he needs to work and though I am torn because it is where I go to get away from him and have fun, maybe they could schedule him for when I am not working so we don't have to spend all my work time together. When I explained all of this to him he said it wasn't fair that his future was in my hands!!! I said "it sucks doesn't it? You've had mine in your hands all year and have done nothing but fuck me over and at least I didn't say flatout no."

It was good to get that out there and for him to hear it. It hit him that he has a bad rep not only to my family and friends but people he hasn't even met yet. I asked what he expected of me, just to hold it in and NOT vent it to anybody while just taking it? I am hoping he has seen the light and will get his shit together even though I know he feels a sense of defeat since he is so far in debt already to me but I told him it would help if he at least made an effort. I am not going to believe anything he tells me because I can't at this point and related, yet again, the story of the boy who cried wolf. He said that was fair and he understood my lack of trust but he would try hard not to pull his old shit again. Pray hard for him. I hate to give up on anybody, sucker that I am. I did tell him he was loosing space for the summer. He seems okay with sharing but I am thinking I may set up the fold-up in the dining room for me since his room doesn't smell so prettyand just share the closet with him.

At least we are communicating and I am not hating him so bad tonight but I did say as much as I love him because he is my son, I don't really like him at this point and I challenged him to make me like him again.

So not a bad day at all and as I don't have to be to work until 4 tomorrow, I really must do my laundry tomorrow, rain or not, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I hate to see you in this situation. I know my parents had to do the hard thing ok kicking two of my brothers out of the house when they were younger. If he gets a job, work with him. If he continues to sit on his butt, make him learn how hard the world really is.

Steve

12:50 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

The problem has not always been his lack of working, it was in actually never coming home til the paychecks were all gone. I told him NO MORE, I'm mad as hell and not gonna take it.

Stay tuned as the saga continues......

Chris

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home