2 down, 8 to go
Days straight of working, that is. Well as far as I know til the next schedule goes up, it may actually be more before a day off, but I doubt it. I don't normally work Sundays but this upcoming one is the companys day at the water park (I know, a hundred miles of beaches and we have a water park on an island, sounds silly to me too but it is true) so I am working so all the other peeple who want to go can go. I am such a nice (can you say pushover?) person.
I was up until 5 am finishing that damn book and don't know if I'll start another of his (Phillip Margolin) anytime soon, since I can't seem to put them down. But I only have one left to read of his. I did sleep late, however I also did get my laundry done, yay!!, but not much else. Oh well. Wait, that's not entirely true, I did call my mom since it was her birthday. That was something.
Work was strange, being prom night it started out rather slow and I only had 2 deliveries in the first two hours I was there. But since they were both five dollar tippers it kinda compensated for the lack of many deliveries. Then we got slammed and I did 7 more deliveries in my last 2 1/2 hours, one of them gave a me 12.50 tip!!! And that compensated for the guy after him that gave me nothing. It went fast, as it always does, and I got home before it started pouring rain, which it still is.
Travis had his interview there today and was hired, pending his background check, and I was told if I was uncomfortable working hours with him our GM needs day drivers at another store. I said I would be happy to work some hours for her but I am not giving up my night hours so close to home. They don't want me to leave them but they are short of cooks since all but one seem to be leaving next week. I think it will be okay if he is better at home. He has been the past few days and he sat at the kitchen table with me when I got home to eat dinner and we chatted. I wouldn't say I trust him yet but my anger and hatred of his behavior are diminishing a tiny bit every day.
My fish are still alive. I may have to head to the Salvation Army store and see if I can find a cheap tank soon. They don't have a lot of space in the fish bowl.
I think that is about it for tonight. Love love to all of you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home