Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What a long, strange trip it's been....



Cute, huh? Made me think of you OT peeps and you may share it with the rest of them if this hasn't already surfaced there. :-)


Where do I begin? So much has been going on here and though I am wonderful at going with the flow, wherever it may take me, I really thought I would have a definitive answer today about where the flow would go. But no, this is not necessarily the case. We, of the Hawaii Superferry bunch, have been held up in port for over a month while the lawyers duked it out in court. Basically the ferry owner said last Friday in court that if the ruling went against us, they would pull out and leave the islands. Today the judge called their bluff and ruled against them. But the Governor has asked the legislature to convene for a special session to change the law and allow us to sail while the EIS is done, thereby voiding the judges' ruling. That process could take close to a month so I still don't know if the ferry is going to keep us or not, more news from them at work tomorrow. So in the simplest terms we still don't know what is going to happen.

Life has been good, busy, but good and I am preparing for a small move to Waikiki. In my heart I don't want to be there but I go where God says to go and I got another housemate so I won't have to contribute financially to keeping my house in the valley that I adore so much. Plus, I can come "home" here anytime I don't feel like staying in touristville and I don't have to really move anything or ship the cat away to the mainland. This is good. I will be here part of the week and there part of the week and it'll be interesting and I'll see what I am supposed to be there for in the great scheme of things that God has in store.

I really need to think about acquiring a scanner since I got the new school pics of the 3 oldest grandkids. I'd love to share them here. Friday is payday, I may have to go to WalMart this weekend so I can share them with you all.

I can't really think of anything else to share at the moment as it is late and I am fried so until later, love love to you all........

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hope the ferry snafu gets worked out! And have fun living in TouristBoxVille!

(we so should have stayed with you out in the country :-( )

7:07 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

They are calling us in for a mandatory meeting with the bigshots tomorrow and the phone lines amongst employees are burning up from what I hear. It looks like a layoff until they can get it resolved but there is a party on the 27th, with the celebrities from the Hawaii film festival and showing of Robin Williams' new flick "August Rush" on board (portside, of course). I might have to scope that one out, employed or not.

I still wil have my "country" home that you can stay in when you visit Cyg, I kept it because I love it but also for vacationers visiting to have a choise ;-)

Nice to see you pop in, Mahalo

9:52 PM  
Blogger MM said...

Adorable pic, Woe! Please keep us updated on the ferry, when you can. Is it definitely a lay off?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Chrissy (woe) said...

Hi MM!! Yes it is definitely a layoff even though they are calling it a "furlough", it's still time off without pay. No worries here, I still have the PH gig and that is going very well right now.

*smooches*

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home